Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony will quit making physical PSVita games.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    The PSP imo was a better marketed system.
    Aside from an easy-to-miss Best Buy store demo unit, I never encountered any actual marketing for the Vita. They didn't even try.

2. They might have tried in the first year but fell off pretty quickly.

3. What I find incredible is that the Vita has been around for nearly seven years and has only had one hardware revision. That's unprecedented for a Playstation system.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    They might have tried in the first year but fell off pretty quickly.
    “Let’s give developers 6 months to churn out a call of duty and assassin creed and then turn our backs on the system when no one buys the garbage we solicited!”

There are many reasons it failed, and they all worked in conjunction with one another. There is no single issue that sunk it.

5. Shame the Remote Play didn't work both ways (allowing PS4 to grab the Vita's AV signal & display it on a HDMI TV, with an option to use either Dual Shock 4 or the Vita as a controller). That would've made up for no TV support.

6. I have never touched a PS Vita, this is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. It was interesting to see the swing in Western publisher support from the first years of PSP to reception of the Vita launch. Nonetheless great indie library and some standout titles. When I was playing Dragon Knight II on the Duo twenty years ago wouldn't have imagined that would be a established niche in U.S. system, how things change.

8. I remember seeing a hot shot golf game and some fightmans that looked pretty cool, but I've only played one once. I wasn't really in the market for a handheld at that time since I had come to the conclusion that if I only felt like I wanted one when I was at home reading about it on the internet, then I probably wouldn't really use it enough. When I'm out of the house, my phone is sufficient to keep me entertained.

Hot Shots Golf was pretty sweet.

10. Thanks to backwards compatability, it’s the 2nd best portable ever.