Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield V

1. Battlefield V

well, i was hoping for BF:BC3, but it looks like it's time for Battlefield V.

Live reveal 23 May.

BF1 didn't really click with me, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this is going to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. BF1 was a mixed bag for me as well mostly due to the time period and the weapons you had to use. It was bold to do WW1 but they had to stretch reality so far just to get a few automatic rifles it kinda defeated the purpose of the setting in the first place. That being said, it had some INCREDIBLE maps especially the turning tides maps and the Russian ground pounder maps. The player movement was better than in previous games as well.

I'm always looking forward to the latest BF game and BFV is no exception. All rumors are pointing to WW2 for this one and there simply MUST be Wake Island gameplay in the reveal to get everyone on board. Deep down I wish that Vietnam would finally get a fair shake and the "V" would be Vietnam. At least give another Vietnam expansion ala Bad Company 2!

3. A fair shake? How many times does DICE have to waste everyone's time doing Vietnam to make you happy? Unless they can make it realistic its never going to be good, because the US has such a huge advantage. So make the NVA outnumber the USArmy 3-1 or have VC players blend in with civilians to throw grenades into jeeps and shit.

4. Uhh I don't come to the BF series for total realism. BF Vietnam 04 was an unbalanced mess of a game that was quickly forgotten due to the Desert Combat mod being so huge. Vietnam was rushed out the door to compete with UT2004 before the team implemented the tunnel system for the VC. As far as Vietnam for Bad Company 2, it was a small map pack with terrible glitches that made people quickly forget about it. Remember the gunner boats under the map problem?

I want a Vietnam game with a good single player story as well as multiplayer. That's the biggest issue though. Not enough different locales for map variety. That's why a full Vietnam Battlefield will never happen.

5. Ya I think you've gotten about as good of a Vietnam experience as is going to come out of DICE. Personally I think they could do Korea, it's not too different from WW2, but jets are a thing and it's never really been done. But it is super focused on that one geographic area so probably not gonna happen.

6. I don't know what the fuck this is trying to be.

Last edited by Error; 23 May 2018 at 05:15 PM.

7. It seems ....off. Is it going to be more campy in single player? The trailer itself didnt do it any favors.

8. They are doing a lot of different stuff compared to regular Battlefield. It sounds interesting.

The press event didn't really do a good job, but this guy does.

9. this one works as well.

10. Not to any surprise, certain threads on reddit are exploding with people up in arms over a woman being one of the main protagonists in the game and being on the cover. It is both equally entertaining and sad.