Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 245678 LastLast

Thread: We had put our dog to sleep....And now our lab.

This shut is why I song have a dog. Ain't nobody got time for pets that act like assholes.

(Though, usually family dogs know I don't have time for their shift and behave with me while misbehaving for their owner. It's weird. Like we'll nap on the couch. Then the owner comes home and they act like little insane shits.)

Lotta dog problems come from the owner.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    This shut is why I song have a dog.
    I've been reading at TNL long enough to understand this.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I've not seen so many things go over so many heads at once in a while. Thanks.
    Dude, I woke up at 3:30 that morning, got 4 hours of sleep and worked a long day. I took a 30 minute nap at lunch and stayed up so I wouldn't mess up my sleep schedule.

I never saw the guy's post, and when you said that you had changed your mind about the guy and that he had euthanized his dog for sympathy and hopes of getting money, I'd thought that you were talking about me. I had no idea who, or what they were talking about when they said someone had deleted their post. So, no, I honestly thought there was some kind of backlash against putting our dog down, and did not know that they were talking about some dude that had posted in this thread, about euthanizing his own dog.
    Last edited by gamevet; 26 Jun 2018 at 08:27 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I've not seen so many things go over so many heads at once in a while. Thanks.
    To be clear, I was talking to the deleted post.

I never did say anything to gamevet. I'm sorry for your loss, man. I had to go through the same stuff last year, and it makes me not want to have any more pets.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    I've been reading at TNL long enough to understand this.
    Me too.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    To be clear, I was talking to the deleted post.

I never did say anything to gamevet. I'm sorry for your loss, man. I had to go through the same stuff last year, and it makes me not want to have any more pets.
    Yeah, it sucks when your little friend passes, but I wouldn't trade the time I've had with my past dogs for anything. They are the ideal companion. When you've had a bad day, they are always there for you. They look forward to when you come home and are always wanting to be by your side, even when you are in a bad mood. My wife was telling me this evening, that our lab Baylee was waiting by the door for nearly an hour, looking forward to my arrival. When she passes, it's going to hit me really hard, but I'll always have those memories of my vocal funny girl being who she is.

You gotta take the George Carlin approach.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Today, we had to put our lab down. She was having trouble walking and was very weak. She would go through these spells that I called her senior moments. She'd lay around, not want to drink, or eat, and I'd have to take baby steps to get her back on her feet over the course of several days. I got her to drink in the afternoon of the 1st day and nibble on a little bit of chicken. The next day she would improve and then by Monday she was jumping off of the couch and bed. Everything was looking like it was going to be okay, until I laid beside her on the floor this morning and started petting her. She immediately sat up and started vomiting blood. We believe that one of her cancerous tumors had finally burst and we rushed her to the vet to keep her from suffering a slow death.

Here's my final picture with Baylee from last weekend. She laid on my chest while I comforted her.

My wife is devastated and I'm pretty much dead inside. All I've done is lay on the couch and watch television. She was the best dog ever! We miss you sunshine!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Aug 2018 at 12:05 AM.

10. Boo, Hiss.