Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: We had put our dog to sleep....And now our lab.

1. We had put our dog to sleep....And now our lab.

We had to put down our 13 year old dog today. Bindee had blood in her stool earlier in the week and my wife said she had blood in her vomit. Last night she wouldn't eat and she had crapped bloody diarrhea all over the carpet. She was laying in the back yard by herself. I brought her in and we laid with her in bed. We took her to the vet this morning and he told us that her red blood cell count was extremely low and her white blood cells were quite high. They did an x-ray and discovered a large mass near the top of her stomach. We had to make tough decision to let her go. She look at me when the vet administered the sleeping agent and she stopped breathing immediately after he did the lethal injection.

My wife felt so bad. We have a 15 year old lab that has been having slight strokes that leave her out of commission for a couple of days. She had another one on Monday, so she was getting most of the attention. My wife never thought that Baylee would outlive our little Bindee. Baylee has several tumors that were discovered about a year ago. The vet didn't think she'd make it past 6 month, but she's still hanging in there. It's going to be really sad if we lose her this year as well.

Here's sweet little Bindee.

Here she is with our 2 year old mutt on the left (Snow) and our 15 year old Lab (Baylee) in the middle.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 01 Aug 2018 at 11:38 PM.

2. Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Here's sweet little Bindee.

She will lounge, eternal, in the living rooms of Valhalla.

4. sorry man.

5. I'm so sorry dude. Shit's harsh.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. That blows I think am going to go through that really soon, as well. My tabby is 16 1/2, I found her when she was a tiny kitten, one month old. Now she has bladder problems and the expensive medicine isn't helping it much ;(

I know that's pretty old, but still. I'd feel better about it if she could understand what I tell her.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    That blows I think am going to go through that really soon, as well. My tabby is 16 1/2, I found her when she was a tiny kitten, one month old. Now she has bladder problems and the expensive medicine isn't helping it much ;(

I know that's pretty old, but still. I'd feel better about it if she could understand what I tell her.
    My sister had a cat that had some kind of bladder infection. The vet didn't put in a catheter to help drain it and the cat's bladder exploded. Love em while you can.

8. Man, that's gotta be rough. Really sorry to hear it.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

9. Yeah, it really sucks. The hardest part is seeing your furry friend looking at you for help and you know the only thing that you can do is make sure they go out peacefully. We both feel like someone just ripped the spirit right out of us.

10. I'm so sorry It's the hardest thing in the world to lose a pet. It just hurts all over and a part of you never stops hurting, though it does get easier after time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread