Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TNL Movie Club 20XX

1. that's what I took from it.

Are we going to watch all the suggested movies in order of most voted to least or is it a new round of suggestions every week?

2. How are we supposed to vote on movies we've never seen.
    How can I force you all to watch my pick.

I'll participate but I want some real discussion no one-sentence bs.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. ha, keep dreaming.

4. My thought was that each week anyone who wanted to would present a movie, with as much or as little information as they wanted to provide.

Then, fairly early in the week we'd vote on the movie to watch. Then those who want to would watch it by the end of the week and we start again. A new round of suggestions and voting each week.

The worst thing about past movie clubs was that you would put up a movie, then have to wait for a few months for anyone to (maybe) watch it. This could help solve that problem, as at least everyone can be involved every week if they want to be.

I don't need to be an iron fist that controls the golden rules, feel free to make suggestions. Personally I'm open to going off of as little as a teaser image/poster and single sentence for voting. We're also adult humans on the internet, so we can do as much research as we want to.
    Last edited by cigsthecat; 27 May 2018 at 06:36 PM.

Let’s do exactly that but with the addition that you can’t vote for your own pick.

Also, the more you tell me about your movie the less likely I am to watch it.

7. My Pick:
    The Transfiguration (2016) - Troubled teen Milo (Eric Ruffin) hides behind his fascination with vampire lore. When he meets the equally alienated Sophie (Chloe Levine), the two form a bond that begins to challenge Milo's dark obsession, blurring his fantasy into reality.

You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I vote for that one because it sounds rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Josh- yeah probably should have specified no voting for your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I vote for that one because it sounds rad.
    Suggest a movie! Doesn't matter if you won't have time to watch one.

I'll post the poll early tuesday afternoon pacific time if we have all our movies for now. If there's any other interest today we can do early wednesday.

10. oh gosh, I'm terrible at movies. uhhhhhh......how about Love Liza, with Philip Seymour Hoffman? That seems to be one a lot of people haven't seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread