Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TNL Movie Club 20XX

You're right though, why stick with the format of the thread when shitting out any old thing will do?

2. I’m following the rules!!! They said not to post too much info about it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Poll is up:

https://www.strawpoll.me/15793591

The films are ordered randomly. Vote for anything but your own choice.

4. FIRST
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. OK, we have our first tie. I put Possession and Borgman into a random list ordering thing and Possession came out on top.

This week's film is Possession (1981)!

6. Yay!

Do I start a new thread?

It can be found in The Usual Places™. There are also some terrible rips on YouTube if you are a savage.

7. I figured we could just keep the discussion in this thread, but it's up to you guys.

8. A few words about the movie I picked without talking about the plot at all:

1) It's really fucking weird, almost genreless. You have been warned.
    2) It's directed by critically acclaimed auteur Andrzej Zulawski, and this is his first film in English. As such, the dialog is odd, cumbersome and at times poetic.
    3) The director basically funneled all of the pain and anguish he felt from his divorce into this film, which is why it's so dark and negative.
    4) I think the success if the film hinges on your opinion of the lead actresses performance - It is so batshit crazy, and personally I think it's fearless and amazing, but it might be too much for some.

9. I think we'd be best opening a new thread on it now that the voting is done.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. After actually thinking about it you're right, especially for people that want to check this thread without running into spoilers.