Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sealed Twilight Princess (GC), SF 15th Anniversary Controllers, Wii Arcade stick, Sigma Star Saga...

1. I've come to hate just about every Youtube channel that isn't MLiG, and the only reason I don't hate that one is because I like Coury and only watch the shit about the best way to hook your systems up.

They all suffer from the same shit:
    1) Nerds that have been ostracized their entire lives get a little attention and turn into cunty divas.

2) They turn Youtube into a day job and now need to put out content consistently, yet there are only so many things you can make interesting content out of.

3) Even if they have interesting content, because hits = money and now that this is a day job they need the money, the interesting content gets sidelined for tried and true click bait lists. See Metal Jesus Rocks. (or don't, he's awful.) His recent Valve/ GabeN interview posted last week has a paltry 30,000 views. PSP hidden gems video has 90,000. Game Villains Misunderstood or whatever the fuck from a month ago: 38,000. Stupid Uninteresting Pick up video: 145,000 views.
    Game Sack has always been about lists. But I liked them because they actually spoke about the games and gameplay. But after 150 videos I realized they say the same shit about every game and their reviews make 2001 Jemery content seem like Ebert-grade reviews.

4) Maybe it's because I'm old, but I'm tired of the unwashed masses taking one YTP (youtube personality)'s opinion and treating it as gospel. An opinion is just that. So what if ABF thinks Rush is the greatest racing game ever? Why is that such an offensive point of view? Does your enjoyment of Daytona lessen because some weirdo thinks a different game is better? (protip: Burnout Takedown is the greatest racing game ever)
    p.s. I know it's because I'm old because I used to be the same way about whatever Gamefan said. But fuck, do as I say and not as I did. It's not hypocritical to desire that those that come behind us conduct themselves in a smarter fashion than we did.

5) Finally, and in respect to TIJH, I've only partially watched a couple of his videos. But the dude came across like a total shill. The videos dealt with emulation based hardware that were objectively BAD. Yet he had nothing but praises for the shit. Worthless. Not that gaming magazines are anywhere near the ideal of scrupulous truth telling when it comes to reviewing stuff they get for free, I feel it much more likely that a Dude on a free service like Youtube would be willing to sugarcoat and/or outright lie to keep the gravy train a rolling than an actual business with many avenues of billable income.

2. You can watch that fat air bag Richard at ReviewTech USA. He’ll at least tell you that AT games products are shit.

I like Digital Foundry. Their technical breakdowns of games and hardware is interesting.

Back to my sale. bbobb and Low, I’ve got your stuff boxed up and ready to ship. I thought I’d get them out today, but my onsite job is taking longer than expected. I’ll have them shipped out on Friday or Saturday.
    Last edited by gamevet; 30 May 2018 at 04:33 PM.

3. DF Retro has been very informative!
    Regular Digital Foundry is bit too naval gazing for me.

4. Classic Gaming Quarterly is enjoyable, he doesn't rely on his videos for income so he only has a video every now and then. But they are generally very HQ (but not as slick as Coury).

5. 4) Maybe it's because I'm old, but I'm tired of the unwashed masses taking one YTP (youtube personality)'s opinion and treating it as gospel. An opinion is just that. So what if ABF thinks Rush is the greatest racing game ever? Why is that such an offensive point of view? Does your enjoyment of Daytona lessen because some weirdo thinks a different game is better? (protip: Burnout Takedown is the greatest racing game ever)
    It was never about ABF’s opinion of a game. It was his outright claims that game X is this and game Y is that, and it is fact. It was never stated as his opinion, what he said was fact, and everyone else’s fact based statements were always disputted with him. Case in point: He outright denied that Daytona USA (not just the highest grossing arcade racer, but also the highest grossing arcade game in history) as not being as popular in arcades as Cruisin’ USA.

Yeah! Burnout Takedown is one the best, though I prefer The Revenge.

6. Sounds like a certain someone we all know...

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It was never about ABF’s opinion of a game. It was his outright claims that game X is this and game Y is that, and it is fact. It was never stated as his opinion, what he said was fact, and everyone else’s fact based statements were always disputted with him. Case in point: He outright denied that Daytona USA (not just the highest grossing arcade racer, but also the highest grossing arcade game in history) as not being as popular in arcades as Cruisin’ USA.

Yeah! Burnout Takedown is one the best, though I prefer The Revenge.
    Yeah this is my take on ABF as well. He's the kind of guy who I wouldn't have had any problems with if he didn't constantly treat everything he said as fact when in reality it wasn't. He did have some decent knowledge on some things but he's also way too damn arrogant in his opinions. He was one of those guys just like Team Andromeda who in his case shits on Nintendo left and right that people stopped taking him seriously. He owns a Switch but can't wrap it around his head that other people enjoy the system and games and tries to constantly beat his opinion into people's heads over & over.

There was one guy who mouthed off to Melf so hard I figured he'd get banned named Prince Tamulit or some shit when he was actually trying to cite bullshit about History and Sega and even after Melf backed up what he said with facts, the guy still wouldn't shut the fuck up...

Edit: Found the thread in question...

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...a-seller/page7

It all started over him and TA not getting the point in comparison that the Sega Master System's presence was small in the U.S. compared to how Nintendo was dominating the market.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Classic Gaming Quarterly is enjoyable, he doesn't rely on his videos for income so he only has a video every now and then. But they are generally very HQ (but not as slick as Coury).
    If you ever see him doing footage of Master System games he's using a system formerly owned by Nomi and me <3

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Classic Gaming Quarterly is enjoyable, he doesn't rely on his videos for income so he only has a video every now and then. But they are generally very HQ (but not as slick as Coury).
    That dude is such a cunt. Fuck him, fuck his channel. He's another one that's when presented with factual counter arguments will just be a little bitch.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. lol!