Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76 (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

I ignored most of the base building stuff in Fallout 4 from what I remember. Story aside, I thought it was much better than its reputation but that's probably because I was fine with it being more STALKER-like survival sim than RPG. I don't have much interest in an online Fallout.

2. I kinda enjoyed mucking around with the base-building. Made the area above the Red Rocket into a pretty dope connected Jetsons highrise thing, made a huge mansion using the Drive-in screen as its back wall, and the greenhouse with that big segment of highway inside its boundary wayyy above it turned into a neat overlook fortress.

Though I fully acknowledge that the game didn't really give me any real damn reason to do any of that, short of boredom and the want to faff aimlessly about a Fallout-themed Minecraft. And at the the same time, I'd probably balk at the base-building becoming too consequential and required an element.

3. Not online! It's a full-blown prequel that takes place 20 years after the bombs drop.

4. To be fair, I saw nothing in that video that rules out online or being heavily centered around base building.

The visuals and world are clearly Fallout, but I'll wait for more info before I believe this is a real Fallout.

5. In his setup speech Todd Howard said the world was four times as big as FO4's. That to me indicates some kind of RPG, though it might be an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. RPG for sure.

But is it Fallout 4 in a larger world with more imlications from base building, an MMO based on Fallout gameplay or a totally single player Fallout game in a huge world? Hopefully tonight they tell us.

If I can play it without FPS controls I might finally get to play a Fallout game.

8. Confirmed shitty online game
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. It's online but can be played alone as well.

10. Yeah, and single player is going to be a shitty dumbed down version of the online
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.