Thread: Reign of Fire SPOILER discussion WARNING: only read if you have seen it.

Reign of Fire SPOILER discussion WARNING: only read if you have seen it.

Let's see I saw this today and it was very good, even though it is ridiculous looking my favorite scene is when Matthew McConaughey's character comes flying off the tower with the axe and gets snachted up by the Dragon. The grey backgrounds looked amazing. Sad how the kids had to live in fear of Dragons and had to always be on guard what a way to live. So there was only one male Dragon and once they killed it the rest of the species would die out? Did you guys catch the play that looked alot like Star Wars for the kids. I wish they showed more how the Dragons over took the city and destroyd mankind, heh the Time magazine with Dragons on the cover was cool. Funny how when they took a bit from the alcohol container and it was water. Seemed a bit on the short side or maybe it was just that entertaining?

Did you think the ending was too Happy??

2. Well, We saw it last night, and had lots of fun. It was a cool dragon movie. It wasnt very action packed, but the moments with dragons, and action scenes were exciting. Both MacConehay and Bale did a very good jobs with their parts. Dragon FX were excellent, not shiny and glittery like usual cgi fx, and more dirty and real looking. Dragons here were quite scary creatures, you can believe they did kick dinosaurs asses back in the day. I love the way they display their inability to move on earth, with their weird crawl, and their high grace in the air.

Van Zan death was kinda surprising to me. But it was cool and heroic in some way.

Great Star Wars scene, and I loved the way they told the history through the various newspapers and magazines articles. Sure it would been nice to see the dragons attacking all those cities, but cool nevertheless.

I liked the bit the flask as well Its....water !!!!

My own review coming up soon

I wonder if all the Dragons were killed? The attacks and sightings stopped but maybe a few remained.

4. Well, I think the way the dragon species worked, they had one male at the time, and male would kill the opposition or its young if they were male. He would feed on the females of the species, when no other food around, but females would still be attracted to him, because of procreation instict would drive them to lay eggs for him to prime.

I think what would happen in case a male dies, another one still can get born from one of the eggs hattchings replacing him, and guarantiing the species continuation. It somewhat simular to how the Alien species are in the Alien series. One brood can only have 1 queen at the time to lay eggs, and if the oned one appears, the existing queen will kill it. But when queen dies, a new one gets born, as you seen from Alien 3.

I think Dragons in Reign of Fire had same structure, only with male in charge. So I bet there should be more dragons somewhere in the world, just not in the England brood, which would die down, without male.

5. I enjoyed the movie too, but one thing always bugged me. If dragons lived off of ash, that would leave no trees standing. Where did Van Zant get all the wood for the giant funeral pyre he built for his three lost soldier's? One would think that wood would be pretty valuable to the colony.

I loved the use of machines in this movie, but I was sure hoping that tank would get to blast some dragon in the face. I liked the ending to the movie where it shows hints of the next ice age arriving at the end. Pointless nitpicking aside, this movie wasn't as bad as most people have made it out to be.