Thread: TNL Movie Club - Possession

1. TNL Movie Club - Possession

Possession
    Director - Andrzej Zulawski

Click for full size

I picked this movie because it's one of my favorites and it's criminally underwatched.

I strongly recommend going in blind - under no circumstances should you watch the trailer as it is garbage and markets the movie as something it isn't.

I won't go into detail regarding what happens until some of you have seen it, so I'll just repeat what I put in the main thread:

1) It's really fucking weird, almost genreless. You have been warned.
    2) It's directed by critically acclaimed auteur Andrzej Zulawski, and this is his first film in English. As such, the dialog is odd, cumbersome and at times poetic.
    3) The director basically funneled all of the pain and anguish he felt from his divorce into this film, which is why it's so dark and negative.
    4) I think the success if the film hinges on your opinion of the lead actresses performance - It is so batshit crazy, and personally I think it's fearless and amazing, but it might be too much for some.

A 720p rip is available in the usual places, but I also have a 20gb 1080p rip with a director commentary audio track, I just have no idea how to share it.
    Last edited by arjue; 01 Jun 2018 at 01:32 AM.

2. Here is a really good video essay I found about the film - I highly recommend watching the movie first, but if you had no intentions of watching it this might give you some idea as to what it's about.

Are we doing movie club?!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Yeah, theres a thread about it and everything.

P.S. Not this one.

I'm either too high, or just not high enough to watch this fucker. I tried no less than three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    No.

6. I am not sure how to react to this yet, and I want to have something of value to say about this film. It was pretty wild. The acting is so over-the-top from everyone. Some might interpret it as bad, but I found it to be theatrical and intensely engaging.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. Thanks for this wonderful article and continue sharing more topics like this.

-----------
    kiss novel free