Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Tetris Effect (PS4, PSVR)

1. You could just buy both. I got a new TV yesterday. The HDR in Tetris is amazing.

I finally cleared the last stage. Sailed through it, too, after banging my head on it for two days. Go figure.

Totally in love with the game. It feels like the ultimate realization of this synthesis of music, gameplay, and visuals that Mizuguchi has been chasing since Rez. The audio design is really next level, even by his standard.

2. what tv

I have so many fucking games, I think I'm cool not buying one on launch day. It's more the principle than the actual cost. Not buying a $10 game, either

It's some low level 65" Samsung from Costco.

4. I’m staring very hard at this 65” Samsung.
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-65NU8000-Flat-Smart-2018/dp/B079NT94BQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542075443&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=65nu8000&dpPl=1&dpID=517xfC3B1WL&ref=plSrch

5. The kid at Walmart thinks there's going to be a 75" TCL brand tv out for black friday. After he's wrong, I'm going to buy something else on black friday.

6. I am enjoying this a lot. Some levels realize that Mizuguchi entanglement of sound-visual-input better than others, but the ones that work really work. The first two levels are especially exhilarating.

Legibility is sometimes a problem, though. The windmill level in particular looks like a mess. And why does the view zoom back out after every cluster of levels? I'm not going to change my mind about my zoom preference mid-game, Tetris. And if I do, put the burden of changing it on me. It's fine. It'll be fine.

7. $20 at Gamestop for a bit longer. If you don't have it yet there's no excuse to wait.

-edit- Unless you don't want to go anywhere near a Gamestop, I mean. I get that one completely.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I am enjoying this a lot. Some levels realize that Mizuguchi entanglement of sound-visual-input better than others, but the ones that work really work. The first two levels are especially exhilarating.

Legibility is sometimes a problem, though. The windmill level in particular looks like a mess. And why does the view zoom back out after every cluster of levels? I'm not going to change my mind about my zoom preference mid-game, Tetris. And if I do, put the burden of changing it on me. It's fine. It'll be fine.
    Minor bitching at best but overall this game is a sheer joy to play.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL