Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: Tetris Effect (PS4, PSVR)

1. NO ONE CARES ABOUT EITHER STUPID GAME

a lady down the street remarked, while shitting on her neighbor's lawn

2. Is comparing games to games pretentious now? I didn't call it Citizen Kane.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Local Man Gets Snooty About Puyo Puyo Tile Swap Game

3. Puyo Puyo is segregationist propaganda.

4. Toxic Puyolinity

5. Puyo Puyo Tetris is my favorite version of Tetris that I've played since the OG Nintendo versions. I could see complaints about the colorful cartoon theme of it, but if you look past that it's just a solid well-playing version of Tetris. I ended up importing it because the only Tetris on PS4 at the time was the Ubisoft one which was apparently janky (with lag and Ubisoft account integration). Because "How do you mess up Tetris??" Puyo Puyo has a bunch of great multiplayer modes so it's a great party game. I really like that mode where you have to race to clear screens.

I played the Tetris Effect demo over the weekend and it's so awesome in PSVR. I expected it to be good, but it feels great as you drift away into the songs. The only disappointing thing is that the resolutions kinda low, which seems to be common for a lot of PSVR games with intense graphics. I think you can look past it when you're "in the zone."

I haven't bought Tetris Effect yet, but I'll probably grab it once I clear a few games off my "to do" list. Almost finished with Yakuza 6 and I just started playing "No Heroes Allowed" for PSVR.

6. Puyo Puyo eSports just came out on PS4 and Switch if you don’t want to mix it with Tetris.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. I'm no good at Puyo Puyo! I tried getting into it with "Mean Bean Machine" on the Genesis but it just gets crazy hard too fast. I need to watch some tutorials or something because I need some strategies.

8. Tetris Effect is a goddamn masterpiece. Also the last stage is brutal hard and I can't beat it without dropping the difficulty. I got up to like 83/90 but it's just to friggin fast at the end.

Frog is right about Puyo Puyo.

I canceled my preorder for Tetris Effect since I'm saving up for a new TV this month. I'll be ok as long as it doesn't disappear in a month.

10. I hope it goes out of print and jerks like me charge $300 and you never get a hold of one.
    $35 shouldn't kill your tv budget too much.
    It's a good game by good people and deserves your dollars.