Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Tetris Effect (PS4, PSVR)

1. Tetris Effect (PS4, PSVR)

Sony announced a new Tetris coming exclusively to PS4 -- which is kind of like finding out there's a new Taco Bell opening up; cool, but not very exiting.

Except this one is different. It's being produced by Tetsuya Mizuguchi's enhance games, along with the studio that developed Rez Infinite. Named for the real life phenomenon, Tetris Effect aims to be a trance-puzzler packed with surreal immagery and fantastic music. And the first trailer is far better than any Tetris trailer I could ever imagine.

Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 Jun 2018 at 07:08 AM.

Welp I'm in.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

ps boom tetris for jeff
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. yeah this is a dream game I didn't know I had

I'm not optimistic enough to hope for TGM mechanics, but if this has no infinite spin and it's as gorgeous as that trailer this will rule so much.

5. If only the first version of PSVR didn't have some bullshit where you can't have 4K and HDR and VR hooked up at once.

Hopefully there's a PC release sometime.

6. I love the feel of the trailer. The limited gameplay shown is intriguing, how it matched the tetris connections to the music beat. I think that could make a puzzle game even more absorbing.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. This is a day one for me. The trailer was the best!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    yeah this is a dream game I didn't know I had

I'm not optimistic enough to hope for TGM mechanics, but if this has no infinite spin and it's as gorgeous as that trailer this will rule so much.
    I think the meat of the game is going to be challenge-based, with discrete levels, rather than having it be infinite and getting gradually faster. Which makes sense, since that would sort of be at odds with the idea of it syncing up to the music.

9. B-mode Tetris is my fav. I would love to see some kind of extrapolation on that.

10. Give me Tetrisphere!