Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Tetris Effect (PS4, PSVR)

1. I'd kind of rather it was just Lumines again, but with VR and that art direction.

...Or better yet, Meteos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think the meat of the game is going to be challenge-based, with discrete levels, rather than having it be infinite and getting gradually faster. Which makes sense, since that would sort of be at odds with the idea of it syncing up to the music.
    Unless the music changed with the levels. BPM could stay the same even, and go 1/4 note, 1/8 note, fucking triplets, dotted jerk off notes. Different time signatures.

They totally won't, but it'd be neat.

3. Yeah they gonna keep that four on the floor beat.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. I like the music from the Nintendo and Atari versions of Tetris the best.

5. I have to say, I really love the crew Mizuguchi has working with him now. His Q Entertainment output was always good, but none of it really lived up to Rez in terms of art design or emotional/aesthetic impact. But Area X was something really special -- the best 15 minutes of a game the guy has ever done, and those vibes are coming through strong in this trailer as well. I really hope he can keep going and doing bigger/better things with this team.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 08 Jun 2018 at 12:17 PM.

6. It's weird to actually be looking forward to a Tetris game. I'm feeling pretty confident the PC version will be along soon enough.

7. I think a PC release is inevitable.

Re: infinite spin and all that, I think the Tetris Company set down rules that apply to all Tetris games from that point on, no matter who is making them. Pretty sure including infinite spin is on there but I could be wrong!

9. I don't put much faith in The Tetris Company.
    Haven't all of the western developed Tetris games been garbage?
    Everyone I ask tells me to stick with Tetris DS or the TGM series.