Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tetris Effect (PS4, PSVR)

1. I'm not sure what to make of that. The effects can be pretty obtrusive, especially the fiery blocks.

I don’t think this will replace classic Tetris but I will embrace it for bonged out Tetris sessions

3. Well that's just the absolute best version of Tetris I've ever played. Anyone else check out the demo yet? It's utterly gorgeous!

4. Yeah, it's really fantastic. I must have played through the demo at least 10 times yesterday, and pre-ordered immediately, despite the price being twice what I expected.

Yeah, after the demo, it's on my to-buy list. I haven't delved into any version of Tetris in years.

6. Puyo Puyo Tetris was pretty good, although poorly balanced across game types.

7. My super initial 5 minutes of play reaction is “no thanks.”
    I don’t have VR so I can’t judge that immersion.
    The game board is fairly small on the screen. The piece preview only shows one piece. I played marathon mode and couldn’t even see the preview after 90 lines because of effects on the screen. I missed drops because I couldn’t tell there was a gap. I played the effects mode and I will never condone “flip the screen and controls” as a worthwhile experience.

I can tell the game is very much ambiance and improvisation. But I bought Puyo Puyo Tetris about a month ago and was surprised to find that that game was very technical and very easy to read the pieces and the upcoming pieces. If you want to play competitively you should stick with that, but I am still willing to space out with this demo.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. Why is the playfiled so fucking small? Can you change that shit?

I saw it running via PS4 on a Blast City cab and it looks rad as fuck, with surprising choices for the soundtrack, but in that format the Tetris rectangle is way small relative to the screen.

9. In VR (dunno about normal display) you can move closer to or further from the playfield with the left analog stick, and there are closeness presets (but none for max closeness in VR).

I thiiiink I remember a "number of next pieces visible" option, too, but maybe that's in my head. There are definitely options to turn off/on pre-move and pre-rotate as well as use traditional piece colors.

10. I'll buy it anyway. It looks super nice, and I've never bought a Tetris game myself!