Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tetris Effect (PS4, PSVR)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I don’t think this will replace classic Tetris but I will embrace it for bonged out Tetris sessions
    This. I'm day one after playing it in VR.

2. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Why is the playfiled so fucking small? Can you change that shit?

I saw it running via PS4 on a Blast City cab and it looks rad as fuck, with surprising choices for the soundtrack, but in that format the Tetris rectangle is way small relative to the screen.
    You can zoom in or out on the fly. The default does feel way too zoomed out, especially because I'm mostly playing it on my smaller 27" TV

3. ok cool

4. Puyo Puyo Tetris looks and sounds hideous.

Either game type is fine, but they don't mix very well. I beat all of the single player mode and played a lot of multiplayer and don't care for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    In VR (dunno about normal display) you can move closer to or further from the playfield with the left analog stick, and there are closeness presets (but none for max closeness in VR).

I thiiiink I remember a "number of next pieces visible" option, too, but maybe that's in my head. There are definitely options to turn off/on pre-move and pre-rotate as well as use traditional piece colors.
    Yep, I got back to play today and was able to tweak things. Simply zooming in was a big quality of life improvement.
    It’s a really slick game, prettiest Tetris out there. A lot of game modes. I’d say it’s a great version of Tetris for this generation. I went back to look at old versions after I started Puyo Puyo Tetris and most of the older versions look and feel kind of weird.
    I love the feel of PPT but it is very limited for game modes. I don’t care for Fever and the combined game is trash. Tetris building has a satisfying snap and I love the battle aspects. I think Tetris Effect is better for the general market, though.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. I usually play Texmaster, or one of the old Nintendo ports.

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Puyo Puyo Tetris looks and sounds hideous.

Either game type is fine, but they don't mix very well. I beat all of the single player mode and played a lot of multiplayer and don't care for it.
    It's more or less a Puyo title you can play with your idiot friends who don't know how to Puyo.

8. ...if you're an idiot that can't Puzzle Fighter...

9. Puyo is a much better game than Puzzle Fighter, but the learning curve is higher.

10. Fuck you it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!