Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Please.

Lots of finger tapping for sure.

edit: this drummer just speeds up and/or slows down during every fill, don't they? That's awful because this stuff is pretty good, but the tempo kinda seems like a mess.
    Last edited by Josh; 10 Jun 2018 at 04:36 PM.

Oh wow, the Hate side of the Bongripper split is fucking NUTS. Everything else by them appears to be BOOGA BOOGA horseshit though. Please tell me I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Josh; 09 Jul 2018 at 10:26 AM.

3. Just curious, what’s fueling your desire to avoid vocals?

Melody and harmony are the most important parts of music to me, so I'm challenging myself by listening to atonal nonsense, grindcore, and instrumental music.

5. Have you checked out Tim Hecker by any chance? It gets referred to as ambient music because it has no drums in it but it's actually really busy music if you pay attention to it. His music is very harmonious but is much more focused on texture than anything else, the production is top tier.

Listen to this as loud as you comfortably can and as high as possible, it's an amazing experience.

6. Have you ever listened to our drone ep?

https://hexenight.bandcamp.com/album/gwetia

We’re recording 3 more eps next month.
    Boo, Hiss.

I'll listen to it on my walk today IF you listen to my noise EP too https://directive4.bandcamp.com/album/-

I'll listen to it either way

I listened to it twice yesterday. It's... good? It sounds, mostly, like a bass leaning up against a cranked amp. I'm not trying to trivialize what you're doing, I just don't know how to talk about it.

Cloud Rat has been THE SHIT, btw, and the bands they've done splits with are also pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    We’re recording 3 more eps next month.
    I'd like to record you all, but my tapes max out at 20 minutes and channel 2 on my board is suspect as fuck. If you wanted to do it, I'd basically do it for gas money and a credit.

9. I’ll take it. It’s highly boring music unless it’s ear splitting my loud.

Mom finished her visit today, so I’ll listen to yours tonight.
    Boo, Hiss.

It's not boring, exactly. I've listened to it 4 times already, I really just don't know how to talk about it. I can talk about verses and choruses and hooks and drum fills all day, but more ambient stuff I don't know what to say really.

I wish I had a blown up city to walk around and listen to this kind of stuff instead of this halfway suburb.