Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2018

1. One of the Hardcore Gamer editors at E3 got a Serious Sam 4 appointment and did a great job of defining the shape of the game, rather than the usual "big maps, lots of enemies!" articles I've been seeing. Article here, and I'm definitely much happier with the game now that I know more about it than its tech.

Also, I'm a little jealous but E3 just isn't worth the $1000+ out of pocket for airplane, hotel, and food.

2. It's weird that the game's claim to fame is "100K enemies" but every screenshot or video I have seen had between 1 and 4 enemies.

3. Nanite enemies!

4. Doom's death from above Glory Kills kick ass. One thing I'd like in Eternal is a dive attack done similar to Dark Souls, using the chainsaw.

5. Doom Eternal gameplay reveal at QuakeCon.

Really fucking amazing. Besides the "hell on Earth" theme, there's parts on Phobos & even Hell itself. Your weapon fire now tears chunks out of the demons. The super shotgun's grappling hook feature is badass- it can even use demons as anchors, or shred them. I'm loving the shoulder mounted flamethrower. The Doomslayer's new armor allows dashing. Other players can invade your campaign & control demons, but you can turn this off if you want a straight-up SP campaign.

Extra lives are in the campaign mode, letting you respawn on the spot after a death if you have found one.

It's also coming to the Switch. I'm psyched for this & will get it on PC, then later for the PS4 (the PS4's version of Doom 2016 is another good one).

6. I am so looking forward to this on PC.

Fixed it for you Cigs!
    Last edited by gamevet; 12 Aug 2018 at 08:26 PM.

7. You've GOT to stop saying things like that.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    You've GOT to stop saying things like that.
    Sorry, I'm just enthusiastic about a game that will take advantage of my PC hardware. The PS4 version of DOOM didn't even run as well as it did on my old GTX 670.

GTX 670

GTX 1080 @ 1440p

Last edited by gamevet; 12 Aug 2018 at 08:27 PM.

9. PC Master Race is another thing you have to stop saying. I'm bringing this commentary as an internet friend. Possibly no one else will tell you some of these things.

10. The PC master race thing is a joke, really. Don’t take it so seriously. I still game on my old ass consoles, despite their lack of hardware power.