Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2018

1. Smash Brothers, THE END makes for a poor presentation as far as my interests are concerned.

2. I saw some headline in my newsfeed about how amazing Nintendo's conference was. I guess a smasher must have gotten a job at a news site.

3. Not necessarily. There was more in the non smash part of that direct that appealed to me than in both Sony and Microsoft's presentations combined.

4. I don't think any of the conferences were all that great. All I saw from Nintendo were a couple of overdue ports and a bunch of uninteresting sequels. Sony and MS had about the same, but more of it and in 4K.

5. No, no, they were all pretty bad. Nintendo was just the best of the worst.

6. The only other one I saw a decent portion of was Sony's, and that was somehow bad as well despite actually having some cool things to show.

Sekiro has turned out to not be a Souls game, instead it's a standalone 3rd person action game. Good, do something new! I love it.

The RE2 Remake also looks great.

7. It really seems like everyone except for MS and Bethesda really didn't feel the pressure to show much. They stayed very focused on the next 12 months, mostly previously announced stuff, and didn't really feel like they had to tease much. Like Sony had Days Gone and Dreams at the show and didn't even mention them in their conferences. It was a very "less is more" approach.

CDPR's decision to only show Cyberpunk behind closed doors is pretty baffling given how glowing the impressions have been. I want to see that demo.

8. Sony's conference was just a glut of cinematic third-person action games. Most of them looked like good games, but it's not the kind of varied showcase I would expect from the industry's top platform.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Sony's conference was just a glut of cinematic third-person action games. Most of them looked like good games, but it's not the kind of varied showcase I would expect from the industry's top platform.
    This exactly.
    I don’t really get why anyone would like the Bethesda stuff. It was just announcements and Rage 2. I saw people saying how amazing Doom 2 looked. WTF? It was nothing but a cg annoucement.

10. To be fair, I don't need to see in-game footage of Doom 2 to get excited for the game. They could have just said "Oh, and a sequel to Doom is coming next year" and it would still be the best part of their conference.