Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2018

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Because I didn't need a half a fucking hour detailing every fighters moveset.
    That's fair. It was way too long.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Wow, I can't believe they ended like that. We got next to nothing as far as new shit. Mario Party, whatever. No Metroid, no Star Fox Grand Prix, no Bayonetta 3, nothing... Fire Emblem looked great. That Daemon X Machina thing looks good. But it was very underwhelming.
    Nintendo stated previously that this E3 would be almost entirely games that come out this year.

So no Metroid or Bayonetta 3 isnt surprising since they're likely 2019 games. All the things I'm bummed they didn't show I should have fucking known better about anyway.

3. Team Sonic Racing looks awesome. I played the shit out of the previous two games, and while I'll miss the other Sega characters, I won't miss the stupid boats and planes.

4. Nintendo really should have thrown some kind of fucking bone. Fucking Smash.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 12 Jun 2018 at 01:24 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Nintendo stated previously that this E3 would be almost entirely games that come out this year.
    True, but since Retro has been presumably working for years on a new game, I expected that Star Fox to be late 2018.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    And that doesn't even include fucking Yoshi? Come on.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    And that doesn't even include fucking Yoshi? Come on.
    I mean what do I know, but I'd say no mention of Yoshi in today's direct means its 2019.

Nintnedo hasn't been doing the typical E3 thing for a few years and tend to spread their big announcements around the year with their Directs instead of doing what most other developers do, for better or worse. This years E3 really showed that the community will react negatively no matter what you do and theres no right answer. Dont show Metroid because it's nowhere near out? People are mad. Show TES VI teaster trailer even though it's nowhere near out? People are mad? There's no pleasing everyone. I would say for me personally I'd prefer teasers letting me know a game is in the works and then show me more when you have more. Which is actually what Nintendo did with Metroid. Because last year was the first E3 where they talked about the switch they did the Metroid teaser, uncharacteristicly, but still. Now they're waiting to show more until they have actual substance and more to show.
    Last edited by Opaque; 12 Jun 2018 at 01:43 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I mean what do I know, but I'd say no mention of Yoshi in today's direct means its 2019.
    Yeah, but that feels pretty ridiculous given how much we saw of that game over a year ago and it's relatively small scope.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Yeah, but that feels pretty ridiculous given how much we saw of that game over a year ago and it's relatively small scope.
    I edited my above post, but last E3 seemed different and they showed a lot of Switch stuff that wasn't coming soon, but they wanted to hype the system that had just launched. This year seems more like a return to form.

Which is kinda lame for some people. There will be another direct in a few months that'll probably show that and other games coming next year.

Not Animal Crossing though. That shit is never happening.

10. Only show I missed was Nintendo. It sounds like I saved myself 68 minutes.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle