Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2018

1. My PC isn't even as powerful as my newest console, but it still gets more use for gaming than every other device I own combined.

2. I am a believer of the master race... EDF 4.1 runs like a dream on my midrange PC.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    You've GOT to stop saying things like that.
    Is it turning you on?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Sure, I'm a huge faggot.

And I'm not taking the Master Race thing seriously, and I'm not offended. I just think that repeating a hack "joke" with nazi overtones is lame. At least go for a better joke.

5. A better joke?
    Is that you final solution?

6. I have a real good joke here, but I can't.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Sure, I'm a huge faggot.

And I'm not taking the Master Race thing seriously, and I'm not offended. I just think that repeating a hack "joke" with nazi overtones is lame. At least go for a better joke.
    I think it's meant as self deprecating. It was coined to mock PC gamers and they've embraced it with all the irony that implies. Or at least that was the intent. Admittedly these things get muddy after enough time.

In any event, Doom Eternal looks really good and it's interesting to see them develop the Switch version alongside the others this time. They said this time the Switch version is going to be a first class citizen rather than an afterthought. I don't think we've seen that yet from the AAA space, at least not from a western dev.

All the more interesting because this is using a new version of idTech (idTech 7) which means that this engine is going to basically be Switch optimized from Day One.

Despite being the objectively worst version of the game, Doom on Switch was the one I had the most fun with, just because the portability made it great for the daily commute. It's the best handheld fps ever for sure. Looking forward to more.

8. Having DOOM on the go would be pretty cool!

9. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    PC Master Race is another thing you have to stop saying. I'm bringing this commentary as an internet friend. Possibly no one else will tell you some of these things.
    Fixed it for you. I don't take that whole MR stuff seriously.

10. Or did you...