Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Murphy Stars in "Dolemite Is My Name" HOLY SHIT OFFICIAL THREAD

1. Yeah I'll be there Thursday as well I'm gonna try to work a half day that day and come in the afternoon. Thursday was all I could get this year but a friend might give me their pass for Sunday too.

2. Dole, you should tag some people on Facebook or something where people will actually read it.

3. 'k.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. This was super good. Hilarious and entertaining and one of Eddie Murphy's best performances ever.

I honestly really didn't know much of the story either. Like obviously the broad strokes that it was a comedy persona that they made into a movie, but not how totally DIY it was.

5. Yeah, I saw it too. Really great movie and very true for the most part to Rudy Ray Moore's story. Like Frog said you can appreciate it even if you're not that familiar with the man at all, but for somebody like me who has read a lot about his history, how we came up in the business, developed the character of Dolemite and everything else, it was really nice to see it all done justice.

6. I like Penis.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 15 Oct 2019 at 08:55 AM.

7. How dare you sully this sacred thread with your spammery, you cock-gargling, rat soup-eating son of a whore.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Gilbert's guest this week on his Amazing Colossal Podcast are the two guys that wrote this movie.
    https://www.gilbertpodcast.com/scott...y-karaszewski/

The whole podcast is good, but skip to 36:10 if you just want to hear about the history/making of this.

9. Cool, thanks for the link.

10. Had no idea they have been trying to get this made for 16 years. It turned out fantastic.