Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eddie Murphy Stars in "Dolemite Is My Name" HOLY SHIT OFFICIAL THREAD

1. Totally did. Not sure how familiar you were with the story before seeing it, but I feel it would be a fun watch even if you knew nothing about Rudy Ray Moore.

Plus the story was pretty much spot-on. The only minor change I noticed was that the movie they shot was actually a combination of the first two Dolemite flicks, but apparently they did that on purpose just to get a bunch of the fan-favorite scenes in.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Yeah, they mention the fan-favorite add-ins during the podcast.
    The only thing I knew about Dolemite previously was that there was a white dude on a forum I went to, that for years everyone thought was a black dude because of his name/avatar. I did watch some of the actual Dolemite movie on Amazon before watching this, but it was a Put Something On To Fall Asleep To deal and I didn't get much farther in than the part where "You gotta take me!" happens.

I'll definitely be rewatching this, a rarity among Netflix movies.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The only thing I knew about Dolemite previously was that there was a white dude on a forum I went to, that for years everyone thought was a black dude because of his name/avatar.
    so strange

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. the 2000's were a strange time.