Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Murphy Stars in "Dolemite Is My Name" HOLY SHIT OFFICIAL THREAD

1. Eddie Murphy Stars in "Dolemite Is My Name" HOLY SHIT OFFICIAL THREAD

Netflix subscriptions are sure to go through the roof at the news that Eddie Murphy will be starring in a biopic about your hero and mine, Rudy Ray Moore, AKA Dolemite.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline
    Eddie Murphy is about to return to the screen for the first time in awhile. He’s starring in Dolemite Is My Name, a Netflix film which begins production June 12 about the life of Rudy Ray Moore, the star of the blaxploitation Dolemite films. Hustle and Flow‘s Craig Brewer is directing a script by Scott Alexander & Larry Karaszewski, the writing team behind such quirky biographical films as Big Eyes, Ed Wood and The People Vs. Larry Flynt. John Davis and John Fox are producing with Murphy, who has been eager to play this role for a decade.

This thread will closely monitor all developments of this earth-shattering production.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Just a heads up, that trailer has some titty.

3. Kids, get your parent's permission.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Is Disco Godfather any good? Can I substitute it for The Godfather 3 if I'm going to watch them all in a row?

Holy shit

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Is Disco Godfather any good?
    From what I remember it's about on par with (or slightly below? I haven't seen it in years) the Dolemite movies...take that as you will. However, it has some mega-surreal weirdness (as only the 1970's could deliver) due to the plot revolving around people going insane from ODing on angel dust, lol.

Can I substitute it for The Godfather 3 if I'm going to watch them all in a row?
    I believe that this is a plausible course of action.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 13 Jun 2018 at 11:11 AM.

7. How many necks will get breathed down?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    How many necks will get breathed down?
    All of them.

9. Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers

10. I think it looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!