Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have a job interview Monday

1. Have a job interview Monday

Probably need to get a haircut, a trim, or tie my hair back or something.

I have long wavy hair. If I get a haircut, I was thinking medium length.

More background on the job. It's a sales associate gig at Kohl's. Dress code is business casual.

I don't know if my hair is an issue or not. :/

Don't know if thread goes on this forum or not

2. Be sure to close the interview with the Australian handshake from Crocodile Dundee. If you need help with this, Josh can teach you. But never open with it.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    Don't know if thread goes on this forum or not

It doesn't. Noob.

good luck

4. For Kohl's? Tying it back should be fine unless you're going to cut it shorter altogether. But if you wanna keep the length, just tie it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. I love you guys xD

Yeah, I was thinking tying it back should be fine as well. I didn't see anything much in the dress code about hair at all. Maybe I could just tie it back for the interview and then cut it a bit shorter if I get the job. Probably would cut it so that my hair doesn't go past the collar.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

6. Tied back should be fine, though it does depend a bit on what part of the country you're in.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. This may be common sense, but I don’t know you so maybe it isnt. Just take it with the tone I’m intending (helpful) and not as if I’m being a jerk.
    From what I’ve seen at Kohl’s, do they hire males? I swear I’ve only ever seen females working there. But anyway, they’re always dressed “up.” Which seems weird considering it’s a gussied up dime store that predators on dumb people easily tricked by their aggressive high-low pricing schemes and discounts.
    ANYWAY, HERE’S THE ACTUAL ADVICE PART. If you go with tying it back, make sure it’s extremely neat and looks like it’s something you do a lot. No humps or loose strands. What I’m trying to say is don’t go into your interview looking like you only put on those clothes and did your hair because you have an interview. Have you ever been to court? You don’t want to look like the dorks that borrowed their uncle’s suit or whatever because their lawyer told them to dress up. However you present yourself, do so in a professional yet comfortable fashion. If you are going to wear clothes you don’t normally, start wearing them days before you go to sort of break them in so you arent fidgeting with shit nor looking like you just bought your outfit yesterday.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    This may be common sense, but I don’t know you so maybe it isnt. Just take it with the tone I’m intending (helpful) and not as if I’m being a jerk.
    From what I’ve seen at Kohl’s, do they hire males? I swear I’ve only ever seen females working there. But anyway, they’re always dressed “up.” Which seems weird considering it’s a gussied up dime store that predators on dumb people easily tricked by their aggressive high-low pricing schemes and discounts.
    ANYWAY, HERE’S THE ACTUAL ADVICE PART. If you go with tying it back, make sure it’s extremely neat and looks like it’s something you do a lot. No humps or loose strands. What I’m trying to say is don’t go into your interview looking like you only put on those clothes and did your hair because you have an interview. Have you ever been to court? You don’t want to look like the dorks that borrowed their uncle’s suit or whatever because their lawyer told them to dress up. However you present yourself, do so in a professional yet comfortable fashion. If you are going to wear clothes you don’t normally, start wearing them days before you go to sort of break them in so you arent fidgeting with shit nor looking like you just bought your outfit yesterday.
    Don't worry, this was pretty helpful. Basically I just need to look and act natural for that environment. I'll need to get/ wear clothes that are comfortable that fit the dress code. Luckily I got used to wearing dress clothes. My high school had us wearing clothes that would fit business casual for my last three years of hs. Thanks SSJN, that really did help.

Thanks everyone, I feel much better about this interview now.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

9. If you choose to keep your hair long and tie it back, may I suggest wearing a trilby and leather long coat?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. As long as you dress nicely for the interview, I wouldn't worry about how long your hair is. It's fucking Kohl's.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww