Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Saturday Morning Cartoon Routine?

1. Thundar was sick! I loved it!

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I have a hard time remembering which cartoons were on Saturday morning and which ones were before or after school on weekdays.

The only shows I can say for sure that I watched on Saturday were Kidd Video, Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling, and Pee-wee's Playhouse.
    And golf. Lot's of golf.
    Me too. I definitely valued after school cartoons more - Animaniacs and Batman:TAS were a staple. Also, this doesn’t appear to be on the scheduler - Sunday morning cartoons were pretty gnarly too. That’s where I caught King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, and that weird Mark Twain claymation thing about Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Serendipity strikes again. This was put out just three days ago.

4. that fuck steals my ideas, like, ALL the time.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post

Serendipity strikes again. This was put out just three days ago.
    Fuck that guy.

6. What if Weird Al had no talents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. The Dungeons and Dragons cartoon used to piss me off so bad. I must've watched every Saturday for a couple years waiting for new episodes that never came. I think they played the same 5 episodes for years.

8. I totally missed that Peter Pan cartoon and it looks and sounds awesome.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Me too. I definitely valued after school cartoons more - Animaniacs and Batman:TAS were a staple. Also, this doesn’t appear to be on the scheduler - Sunday morning cartoons were pretty gnarly too. That’s where I caught King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, and that weird Mark Twain claymation thing about Satan.
    After school cartoons were my favorite (Transformers, M.A.S.K., G.I. Joe), but early mornings before school rocked too! He-Man and Robotech were my favorites.

Saturdays were all about Smurfs, D&D, Thundar, and the Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Show. I think I was the only one of my circle of friends who didn't like Super Friends. It was just too cheesy. Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends was much better.
    Last edited by Melf; 03 Jul 2018 at 10:13 AM.

10. You couldn't watch Saturday morning cartoons in Canada in the 80's without seeing this bizarre PSA:

The early morning weekday cartoons I watched as a kid were mostly a mix of weird old stuff, anime, and educational shows.
    I remember getting up early for school and watching some combination of Barba Papas, The Toothbrush Family, The Green Forest, Astro Boy, Inhumanoids, Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings, The Mighty Hercules, Woody Woodpecker, Care Bears, and Tom&Jerry.

There was also a period when there were a lot of live action shows on the local TV stations early in the morning on weekdays, so instead of watching cartoons, I would watch stuff like Hogan's Heroes, Little Rascals, and Magnum PI.
    Last edited by kedawa; 03 Jul 2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: link