Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Saturday Morning Cartoon Routine?

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    My memories of this start with Spring '87, Muppet Babies / Real Ghostbusters / Laser Tag.

I have never seen a second of Kissyfur in my life, but I remember the switch over from Real Ghostbusters to 'Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters' with the show becoming very annoying.

Fall '89 is where every single show was something I watched regularly. Watched a looooot of syndicated Woody Woodpecker / Mighty Mouse, too.
    Update madalin stunt cars 2 new version

https://youtu.be/ecWhrlAZJPE

I used to put a glass of kool-aid in the freezer Friday night, and then eat it with a grapefruit spoon through Saturday morning.

2. Some dumb kid show I used to love (maybe Mr. Wizard?) shared what kids these days call a "hack" of pouring orange juice into an ice cube tray, putting saran wrap over the top, poking tooth picks into each cell and freezing it for a "healthy" frozen treat. That was my Saturday morning/afternoon treat.

I saw that show too, because I did that shit.

4. Pee-wee taught us how to make ice-cream soup.

5. I used to freeze a glass of Kool-Aid and then eat it with a grapefruit spoon over the course of the cartoon block.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. I used to freeze the juice from canned fruit. It was probably the unhealthiest thing I've ever eaten.

Packed in water or heavy syrup?

8. Syrup. Even as ice, it was gooey.

I would call y'all retarded, but I'd make sandwiches with peanut butter, hershey's syrup, and marshmallows.

That fat 80s kid life, son.

10. I miss Bill and Ted's Excellent Cereal. It was Lucky Charms but the boring bits had cinnamon on 'em.

My grandma used to always offer us regular Chex with a shitton of sugar added. No idea how that holds up.