Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: July 2018 Merica Edition.

I got another set of Chip, Dale and Baloo if anyone wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Did you actually play it, though? Not being a facetious jerk; I'd just be surprised if someone as invested in the old stuff as you could tolerate the input delay.
    There's an annoying sound delay but the only trouble I had in MM2 was when it chugs during the Wily machine fight. It's always slowed down but on the classic it slowed down weird.

I'll try Punch Out next time.

I noticed more input delay in SMB than anything. Sliding under the bricks in 1-2 shows what I'm talking about.

I felt like Punch-out ran better, but still wouldn't register left dodges occasionally.

Related: why would this thing have Super C and not Contra?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Related: why would this thing have Super C and not Contra?
    No party involved has really acknowledged it, but there's clearly some kind of rights fuckery going on behind the scenes with NES Contra. It was also conspicuously absent from the Virtual Console, and Konami was not shy with putting everything they could on the VC, up to and including a robust TG-16 catalog and obscure imports like Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa.

5. Ocotpath Travler Wayfare Edition. Amazon actually had pre-orders come back up so I snagged it fast for next friday!

@Gohan, I started to work on my NES Classic now. You should add some sexy NES romz to your cloud server. *Hint Hint Nudge Nudge.

Also Gamestop is selling NES Classic controllers on their site now. They're limiting it to 1 per person so get it while you can.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Snagged Observer PS4 from LRG after watching a few reviews.

7. I play Contra JP translated to English on Everdrive N8 with animated background tiles and cutscenes. Not sure what was up with the lack of NES Contra emulations, especially since it was included with Contra 4.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 07 Jul 2018 at 12:52 AM.

8. I know I shouldn't have, but I succumb to the lure of PVM and bought a Sony 20". A bit pricey but the picture does look amazingly clean on component. Compared to the Sony Trinitron CRT, it is a step up but I can't say it is worth the extra cost (since the Triny is free). I don't have any SCART so using component now until I upgrade all the cables, which is another hefty investment.

Bought a very clean Atari 7800, now I need a copy of Ninja Golf!

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I know I shouldn't have, but I succumb to the lure of PVM and bought a Sony 20". A bit pricey but the picture does look amazingly clean on component. Compared to the Sony Trinitron CRT, it is a step up but I can't say it is worth the extra cost (since the Triny is free). I don't have any SCART so using component now until I upgrade all the cables, which is another hefty investment.

Bought a very clean Atari 7800, now I need a copy of Ninja Golf!
    Got pics?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Got pics?
    Here are some pictures of Sunset Riders for Gen/SNES.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 09 Jul 2018 at 01:07 PM.