Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: July 2018 Merica Edition.

1. ...

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Well don't leave everyone hanging buddy. What's wrong?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

There are no official SNES controllers sold separately. So I assume the stacks that gamevet saw are 3rd party, which have never been scarce or in demand.

My brother's take on this was basically NES controllers are kind of bad, so why even buy another, instead of using one of the many other options like the snes mini controller which he already has 2 of (I assume that works?).

I'm guessing a lot of the lure is having a 'complete set' for the NES mini. Plus scarce+official = need?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

Personally, I just like having two official controllers for the thing. I'm not crazy about how the SNES controller maps NES stuff. That said, most of the time when I'm playing NES (real system or not) I use a third party pad since it's a little more comfortable.

5. I don't think the button arrangement of the SNES pad is good for NES, though.
    With the old consoles, if you hooked a SNES pad to an NES, the Y button mapped to B and the B button mapped to A, which worked really well.
    With these new things, I believe it just uses the standard Wii mapping, so the buttons match their labels, but don't really feel right.

Yes, exactly. I think the only thing I've seen get this right is the (real) NES retro receiver from 8bitdo. If you pair it with their SNES pad you get it mapped to Y/B.

7. I am adaptable, takes me a few min to get adjusted and wii classic pads play perfectly. If handicapped people can play with their chin, you guys can use a different pad.

Unacceptable!

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I am adaptable, takes me a few min to get adjusted and wii classic pads play perfectly. If handicapped people can play with their chin, you guys can use a different pad.
    The handicapped people playing with their chins aren't anything special at the game either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    There are no official SNES controllers sold separately. So I assume the stacks that gamevet saw are 3rd party, which have never been scarce or in demand.

My brother's take on this was basically NES controllers are kind of bad, so why even buy another, instead of using one of the many other options like the snes mini controller which he already has 2 of (I assume that works?).

I'm guessing a lot of the lure is having a 'complete set' for the NES mini. Plus scarce+official = need?
    I did not realize that. Yeah, I still see a lot of the Hori Fighter pads at Fry's, along with some really convincing knockoffs. Last year, I'd thought that these were Nintendo produced NES Advantage sticks, until I stopped by to check them out. They still have them on their website, and if I did buy an NES Classic, I'd much rather have one of these over the horrible NES pad.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 Jul 2018 at 06:02 PM.