Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Compass 2k18

1. Nope, no one did.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    1. I've never met someone that wants ZERO government regulation.
    People must agree. Lots of them.

Nobody was prosecuted for laundering money for terrorists at HSBC.

Nobody was prosecuted for forgery at Wells Fargo a couple years ago.

Nobody was prosecuted for any of the fraud surrounding the 2008 collapse.

Nobody was prosecuted at Volkswagen for falsifying emissions data.

Nobody was prosecuted at Ford when they misled the public about the sticking gas pedals that were killing people.

Exxon misled the public about the environmental effect of burning fossil fuels and hasn't even been sued (yet), much less prosecuted.

Being mapped to the left for thinking "maybe rich people should have to go to prison for criminal negligence, too" reveals the slant of the test, sure, but it also speaks to just how far right the "center" has shifted. "These people should be prosecuted" should be the most conservative response. The center-left should be "Write me from the gulag, bitch." Left should be "Tell the Romanovs the proletariat sent you."
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 07 Jul 2018 at 01:58 PM.

3. I think that's got more to do with the people in the position to prosecute owe their positions to the people that need prosecuting, and are also pieces of shit- rather than people not wanting businessmen to go to jail.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 07 Jul 2018 at 02:11 PM.

4. I'm a member of the "stuck gas pedal is fake news" party.
    Brakes beat maxed accelerator every time.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...d-acceleration

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post

Funny thing there is that BK looks like one of those dudes from Amon Amarth and I've got a straight-laced normie haircut.*

* Accuracy of Calliander's statement about BK's looks cannot be guaranteed.
    lol I guess I'll take that as a compliment.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    hmm. I thought someone made a post after me.
    You mean this from Doc?

I tried to answer every one a logically as possible despite the shitty phrasing. So...

3) Agree, otherwise how would laws be enforced? (or is the left cool with the rape and genocide being allowed?)
    4) This stumped me. I thought you needed manufacturing for the luxuries to allow time for art and literature. However, agriculture, the first business, was created 11,500 years ago, where cave paintings popped up 35-65,000 years ago. So, art predates business by millennia, which means you likely could not have business or civilization without the expression of art. Boom! Disagree.
    Can't hide shit from moderators.

And honestly a lot of those questions were just meh to me. I answered them even if I thought some of them were kinda redundant.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm a member of the "stuck gas pedal is fake news" party.
    Brakes beat maxed accelerator every time.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...d-acceleration
    I have never heard a report of a stuck accelerator that caused a major issue from anyone who actually knows how to drive a car. With current computer controlled cars it can surely happen, but it really shouldn't be a big deal as far as safety is concerned.

FWIW I was actually in a Chevy that did it for some unknown reason a few weeks ago. We didn't die, wasn't really a big issue other than "why the fuck did it do that?"

*edit* Well I guess the officer in the article SHOULD have known how to drive well since police generally get training for such things. Maybe.
    Last edited by GohanX; 09 Jul 2018 at 11:43 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You won't like this. But there are some points being made here.
    Care to summarize? As much as I like Anthony Cumia I don't want to watch an entire podcast worth of video to pick up some points that are being made.

9. It’s all in the first 5-10 minutes, mostly.

10. I dont want to summerize, as it’d be my words not theirs.