Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: Political Compass 2k18

mine. No surprise that TNL is mostly splitting hairs. And SSJN I guess.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chart.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	81336  

2. I'm just saying that in today's world, we need businessmen more than artists. I'm not arguing that Adam and Steve couldn't get by without an accountant- like Doc seems to be saying. I'm also not arguing that completely divorcing creativity from business and manufacture is a correct avenue to travel- like you keep arguing by bringing up mother russia.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm just saying that in today's world, we need businessmen more than artists.
    Based on what? Some sick lines from Gordon Gekko?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Oh look at this...

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I will never click a link or video you ever post as I automatically assume it is more 4chan shitposting.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

its just a ted talk. There are some interesting graphs in the middle.

7. It’s also 10 years old so it’s inherently Facist by modern progressive standards. Shame on that Nazi man, shame, shame!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm just saying that in today's world, we need businessmen more than artists. I'm not arguing that Adam and Steve couldn't get by without an accountant- like Doc seems to be saying. I'm also not arguing that completely divorcing creativity from business and manufacture is a correct avenue to travel- like you keep arguing by bringing up mother russia.
    Can’t we just say that we need them both? Doc had some points but I think IP had the right idea but was having trouble communicating it. The businessperson/manufacturer and the artist drive the progress of one another. “Artist” is a very subjective term as well and could be referencing quite a lot of folks in different professions/fields. A progressive society needs expressions of feeling and individuality to continue to be a progressive society.

9. I wouldn't conflate the value of art with the value of artists. A laborer or a business person can create art, too.

The question is oddly phrased. I think it would be more useful to ask 'which is more important', with possible answers that cover one, the other, or neither, rather than asking whether or not one is more important than the other.

"Cause what the world needs now...Is another...pop singer..."