Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 356789 LastLast

Thread: Political Compass 2k18

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    There is so much bullshit in that post that my fucking iPad stinks.

As if you can fucking claim you’ve seen more of life than Josh or Icarus or M for example. Take your shitty fucking trolling back to 4chan
    I don’t actually agree with Doc, but that’s not what he’s saying. He’s saying they have limited one side experience. If your entire life is grungy counter culture arts you don’t/can’t have any empathy for a soldier or corporate worker. I don’t think most people have rounded experience though. That’s not how typecasts work. Obama kind of crosses divides by being a black lawyer. Socially conscionable corporate.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    "Governments should penalise businesses that mislead the public."
    Who disagrees with this?

"Schools should not make classroom attendance compulsory."
    Who agrees with this?

"In a civilised society, one must always have people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded."
    Shit like the way this is worded makes me think it was drawn up by a far leftist.

"The businessperson and the manufacturer are more important than the writer and the artist."
    How many of you disagreed with this statement?

This is what I got by pretending to be a supervillain.
    There is a touch of autism in that last question. You can't so easily quantify those 4 jobs and their importance.

When you do, you end up with cold war period Russia.

Much of the us's success has come from exporting creative works and wedding production with art.

3. Your binary bias is showing. Just because you say one thing is more important than the other, that doesn't mean you're saying the other thing isn't important at all.
    How does the artist and writer create if no one is there to manufacture their tools? How do you export your creative works without being or enlisting a business man?

4. I proved that in my previous post on how art predates agriculture and manufacturing by millennia. How are you going to convey business plans without expression?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I'll concede you wrote some words.
    Pissing upriver from where you drink predates filtered water, so drinking pisswater is more important than not?

6. Allow me to be more specific.
    How does the artist and writer create if no one is there to manufacture their tools? How do you export your creative works without being or enlisting a business man?
    You gather clay or berries, then use a whittled stick you made for a tool or just use your fingers, then you paint it on a rock wall where people will see it. You do that for 30,000 years, until you draw a picture to explain to another person how if you work together you can get more done and then trade your excess product for other goods like meats hunters went out to kill.

If you can’t wrap your head around that, why not try removing all your signs, adversing, branding, and logos from your store then only sale discs in white envelopes with the label written with a sharpie and tell me how sales do?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Or what do you sell more of games with great graphics, characters, and stories or text based math puzzles?

Your binary bias is showing. Just because you say one thing is more important than the other, that doesn't mean you're saying the other thing isn't important at all.
    I disagree. My view is not of a binary. I'm attacking the question for implying there is one.

I'm saying you can't rank them. Or shouldn't. So far, humans are happiest when these paths are grouped horizontally, not vertically.

Also, for the sake of discussion, I will ask who will buy the tools if no one will use them? And what will the business man sale if no one creates anything?

The answer again, is seen in communist countries. Production without art is bland and heartless.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 14 Jul 2018 at 12:52 PM.

9. "Businessman" is not a precise enough classification for this bong sesh.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    ...then only sale discs...
    I rest my case.