View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333436 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

1. Tbh, I'm coming up short on places that I can think of where the bun makes the burger better. Even In-N-Out, like, the bun is just sort of there. Maybe five guys? idk. usually the buns on burgers suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Oh come on. I know it's hip to talk shit on In-n-out these days, but their hamburgers are delicious. The end.

3. nonono they are my fav burger by far!!! but the bun is always a little soggy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Tbh, I'm coming up short on places that I can think of where the bun makes the burger better. Even In-N-Out, like, the bun is just sort of there. Maybe five guys? idk. usually the buns on burgers suck.
    Here it’s Keller’s drive in. They grill the bun and it has poppy seeds. Keller’s is also where strippers go to die. A burger, fries and import beer are $9.50 so I usually tip the waitress $5. Under the tattoos and tanned leather skin, they all look like they were smoking 30 years ago.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. They probably were

smoking that pipe!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    nonono they are my fav burger by far!!! but the bun is always a little soggy!!!
    I was in LA this time last year to do user field research at UCLA and Azura College — I think the greasy wet bun helps the burger tremendously. Five guys is bland imo... just over salted soulless meat. In n’ out lived up to the hype.

I’m keeping to the no sugar thing. I’ve slacked on the no Netflix unfortunately — I allow myself to watch Anthony Bourdains Parts Unknown but I consider that a fail overall. The no sugar stuff has been great. I also limit alcohol to one day a week (Thurs night after hockey or beach volleyball w the team). I started losing weight as soon as I cut the alcohol. Glad I did it. I drink whiskey when I do drink which also cuts down on intake by volume.

I think most of my extra weight comes almost exclusively from alcohol. I knew I drank more in the summer but it’s apparent now it was too much. The no sugar has been pretty easy. I made a peameal breakfast sandwich today for breakfast (French bun, egg over easy, peameal, fresh mayo, tomato) and that was the most unhealthy thing I had to eat all week.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 11 Aug 2018 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

well, drinking beer is just about like sitting around eating wonder bread

8. So far so good on frivolous spending. I still browse for the odd thing on amazon or whatever, but I think I can limit myself to maybe one order every other month without sacrificing any convenience or quality of life.

I almost never drink anymore, and I don't miss anything about it. I'll have a pint if I'm out at a bar with friends, but that happens maybe two or three times a year. I really wouldn't care if I never drank alcohol again. It's just not a very good drug.

9. There's so many downsides to drinking, you'd have to be an alcoholic to keep doing it.

10. I stopped drinking almost entirely and it's improved my life.