View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

Once you do things taste amazing.

2. boys, boys, one elimination at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. I added plain yogurt to my berries and oatmeal. It tasted fucking amazing.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. The only thing I've heard about diet soda is that it messes with your gut flora. I have no idea if that's true or not.

I never liked diet anything. The drinks with aspartame always gave me headaches, so I just stay away from artificial sweeteners.

5. The only thing I've heard about diet soda is that it messes with your gut flora. I have no idea if that's true or not.

I never liked diet anything. The drinks with aspartame always gave me headaches, so I just stay away from artificial sweeteners.

I started eating a diet that qualifies as keto several months ago (my girlfriend has an autoimmune disease and this is something we tried to alleviate some of her symptoms).
    I feel absolutely better in every way, it really is significant. I also lost a lot of fat. Best, it inspired creativity in my cooking I've never had before (I can post some stuff in the cooking thread if anyone is interested). While my son was here I slipped back into eating flours and refined sugars IN MODERATION and that progress was reversed nearly as quickly. I'veback on point though, and the recipes have stayed on.

BUT, every argument I've seen supports the undeniable benefits of no refined sugar and flour, rather than the idea of ketogenesis.
    Likewise I'm wary of anything claiming to be our "evolutionary or ancestral diet" (which would be mostly bugs, fruit, and bone marrow). The very reason these industrial foods have been able to kill generations of people is by exploiting the fact that humans are evolutionarily, universally hardwired to go for 2 tastes: 1)sweet and 2)salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It's such a bummer that exercise doesn't burn enough calories that it doesn't make a significant enough impact. It's all in the kitchen.

I say this because I'd love to go to the gym and eat ice cream every day.
    I'm not sold on this. When I was a bike messenger I looked like a god, and I would eat things like an entire box of pasta or pizza for dinner, on top of a salad and literally whatever else I wanted and could afford. No meat, and little dairy except an insane amount of ice cream. As well as enough beer to drown a horse for the first 3 years. Likewise, I see what the runner types eat. But, I don't know anyone who got lean from lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Are are you serious? Yeah I have a hybrid with a huge ass cruiser style seat, I thought it would be better for me since 1. Girl and 2. If I’m on my bike it means I’m prob lugging heavy ass textbooks around, so my back. I’ll get over the saddle sores (and have for the most part) so I’m not too worried, but I’ll def keep that in mind.
    Tbh I bought a cheapy Chinese bike to start with, but since I’m liking it a lot I may start to replace some of the shitty parts with nicer ones. The frame is really good, but the pedals are shit and I had to get a crank arm replaced already. So I’ll add new seat to the list of things to buy.
    Mind telling me what you're riding? I'm happy to help. Saddle soreness rarely lasts more than a couple weeks, if you're still dealing with it, it's more likely an issue with how you're set up or your clothing.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

I started eating a diet that qualifies as keto several months ago (my girlfriend has an autoimmune disease and this is something we tried to alleviate some of her symptoms).
    I feel absolutely better in every way, it really is significant. I also lost a lot of fat. Best, it inspired creativity in my cooking I've never had before (I can post some stuff in the cooking thread if anyone is interested). While my son was here I slipped back into eating flours and refined sugars IN MODERATION and that progress was reversed nearly as quickly. I'veback on point though, and the recipes have stayed on.

BUT, every argument I've seen supports the undeniable benefits of no refined sugar and flour, rather than the idea of ketogenesis.
    Likewise I'm wary of anything claiming to be our "evolutionary or ancestral diet" (which would be mostly bugs, fruit, and bone marrow). The very reason these industrial foods have been able to kill generations of people is by exploiting the fact that humans are evolutionarily, universally hardwired to go for 2 tastes: 1)sweet and 2)salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It's such a bummer that exercise doesn't burn enough calories that it doesn't make a significant enough impact. It's all in the kitchen.

I say this because I'd love to go to the gym and eat ice cream every day.
    I'm not sold on this. When I was a bike messenger I looked like a god, and I would eat things like an entire box of pasta or pizza for dinner, on top of a salad and literally whatever else I wanted and could afford. No meat, and little dairy except an insane amount of ice cream. As well as enough beer to drown a horse for the first 3 years. Likewise, I see what the runner types eat. But, I don't know anyone who got lean from lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Are are you serious? Yeah I have a hybrid with a huge ass cruiser style seat, I thought it would be better for me since 1. Girl and 2. If I知 on my bike it means I知 prob lugging heavy ass textbooks around, so my back. I値l get over the saddle sores (and have for the most part) so I知 not too worried, but I値l def keep that in mind.
    Tbh I bought a cheapy Chinese bike to start with, but since I知 liking it a lot I may start to replace some of the shitty parts with nicer ones. The frame is really good, but the pedals are shit and I had to get a crank arm replaced already. So I値l add new seat to the list of things to buy.
    Mind telling me what you're riding? I'm happy to help. Saddle soreness rarely lasts more than a couple weeks, if you're still dealing with it, it's more likely an issue with how you're set up or your clothing.

8. Vasteel- while you're talking about bikes. What should a noob get? I live in LA. Maybe I'll make some baby steps towards being the nut riding a bike straight down the middle of the right lane (because there is no bike lane!)

9. Soda is the easiest thing to remove from your diet. If you can't even do that without trying to find a loophole (diet soda), you're going to have a lot of other bad food habits.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Vasteel- while you're talking about bikes. What should a noob get? I live in LA. Maybe I'll make some baby steps towards being the nut riding a bike straight down the middle of the right lane (because there is no bike lane!)
    Of course! The first thing to do is go to a bike shop and get sized out and you can also try out various types of bike. I always recommend steel frames. You're looking at the $250-400 range for entry level, but you can get deals (especially if you're like particuarly tall, etc). It's hard to suggest a specific brand because there are so many and their quality varies over time, but older (90's ish) Treks and Specialized are usually a safe bet, you can think of them like the Hondas or Toyotas of bikes.

If you have a local bike co-op (and LA must!) that's one of the best places to start, as you can usually get a bike cheaper or for volunteering which will also teach you basics like how to adjust your brakes, change a flat, etc.