View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

Basically any food in a box or a bag will have sugar in it.

Just stop drinking soda for a month, then start drinking it again in September if you actually miss it. What’s a fucking month anyway?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This thread is, allegedly, here to help too. Both Cheeks and I have stopped eating sugar completely. I’m sure we’d both be up for talking about it if it’d help in some way.

It’s not easy. That shit has a hold on you. All of you.
    What do you normally eat these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    What do you normally eat these days?
    So I get up at 5am now. I wait to eat until between 2-5pm depending on how I'm feeling. Then I have this:

1.5 cup lentils
    1 cup quinoa
    3 tbsp sesame seeds
    3 tbsp hemp seeds
    2 tbsp flax seeds (I grind them up)
    1 tbsp nutritional yeast
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    2 tbsp sesame oil (sometimes avocado or olive oil instead)
    5 chopped dandelion greens (maybe 1/3 cup?)
    1 chopped green onion
    1/4-ish cup rice vinegar
    various spices depending on what I want it to taste like.

Then I'll eat vegetables (cruciferous vegetables must be cooked, so depending on what it is I'll steam it, stir fry it, or roast it, everything else usually raw), nuts, beans, mushrooms, chic peas, until I go to sleep. Maybe twice a week I eat some seaweed because iodine. I'm supposed to start eating shrimp a couple times a week too because of the cholesterol, but I don't really want to.
    Last edited by Josh; 21 Jul 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Oh, I'm eating a couple cherry tomatoes every day too, because the plant out front is going banana. I'll be doing the same thing with bell peppers soon.

I've done this so many times with so many things. Soda has never really come back into my life. I'll drink it once in a blue moon. I've given up MJ multiple times. I think a more important thing for me to do right now is not to STOP doing or eating or using something, but to START exercising more regularly.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Wait PaCrappa died?!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    I love coffee and gave it up a few months ago on the basis of always feeling anxious and almost paranoid. It worked, and I felt much better. However, while I've had my kid this summer I've been indulging in it, and over the last week that anxious ill-at-ease has returned. Today was the first in a couple weeks I've not had it, and I currently have the worst fucking headache.

I
    Coffee is awful and I periodically give it up, but then I get back on it and I know how bad my withdrawal is from it so it's reaallllly hard to stop. I'll sleep for a couple days.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This thread is, allegedly, here to help too. Both Cheeks and I have stopped eating sugar completely. I’m sure we’d both be up for talking about it if it’d help in some way.

It’s not easy. That shit has a hold on you. All of you.
    It's not as hard as you think. Start by getting rid of all the soda. Then get rid of all the candy in the house. Then start by getting rid of sugary things you add to your other foods, shit like Ketchup and sugary salad dressings and sweetened yogurt and shit like that. Cut out white bread. Cut out breakfast cereals. Learn how to make your mayo and stuff. Use fruits to get your sugar intake. Make some natural smoothies for a treat.

If you cut all that shit out, even if you have a dessert once a day or a little treat, you'll find your desire to eat sugary things will drop quickly and you won't crave it anymore.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Salt would be much, much harder for me to give up or reduce in usage.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie