View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

1. p.s. one of those cinnamon rolls disappeared in the middle of the night, and it wasn't me. Hopefully the other two disappear while I'm here at work so I won't have to be tempted later.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    But thats the thing, see. If you expect there to be any changes then you have to change things. The keto diet, and all "diets" are ridiculous because they're unsustainable for most people, which means you will go back to your old way of eating and you will gain back any weight you've lost (plus a little bit extra because your body hates you now). It will be harder and harder to maintain your weight as you get older because metabolism and hormones and lol. Processed sugar is hilariously bad for you for a number of reasons, and you should really stop eating it forever. That's the only change necessary, really. Cut that out and everything else has to fall into place.

This carb counting shit can fuck off, that's for crazy people and competition bodybuilders.
    Yeah, but a balanced diet ain't gonna drop 3 to 5 lbs of fat a week.

To loose weight you have to burn more calories than you eat. And keto helps with that because fat and protein are less calorie dense than sugary foods or even breads, rice and noodles. And you won't get hunger from insulin swings. And the obvious, ketosis.

I guess someone could eat a balanced diet and just workout like a sunofabitch but they will loose at 1/4 the rate of doing a reduction diet of some sort.

Sustainable long term changes.

4. I think I'd rather slowly loose weight by making permanent healthy lifestyle changes than throw my metabolism out of whack and try to manage getting it back to normal.

I'd also like to point out that you said fat is less calorie dense than carbs, which is objectively incorrect.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    For the past six months, I've gotten up with a sore back (usually lower right hand side). I bought a bed in a box to see if it would help, and it did. But what changed is that instead of my back really hurting in the morning, it only hurt a little. By the time I was out of the shower, I'd be fine. But both before and after the new bed, when I'd get to work and get out of my car, I couldn't even stand straight. I'd have to awkwardly walk through the parking lot to the store and eventually the tightness and pain would pass and I'd be ok. But I've not been able to stand for more than a few minutes at a time without it hurting me for some time.
    "go see a doctor"
    My dad sort of went through the same thing, and he was a "normal" weight most of his life (5'11, 190 ish lbs.). He went to chiropractors, had surgeries, etc and was never really "fixed." He's 70 now, eats very little red meat, and walks 3 miles daily to make up for his dwindling metabolism. But standing still for more than a few minutes still bothers him.

ANYWAY, I noticed 3 days ago that I was waking up fine. I've also been fine after the 45 minute drive to work. I don't know WHY this is happening, but the only thing I've changed is cutting out refined sugar and processed foods. Maybe it's coincidence!
    These pains won’t go away with diet forever. Your body is weakening as you age and are inactive. Some exercise and strength training would be the way to get your strength up.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 05 Aug 2018 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    And what the hell is the "keto frame of mind" anyway?
    Just different things I wouldn’t normally grab when at the market, restaurants, etc. like, it’s sort of fun and I get to try a lot of new stuff! Like, different recipes, different base ingredients. Coconut flour! Full fat milk! Weird vegetables I’ve never tried but are awesome! All this shit I never buy. that’s fun to me and part of the fun of trying something new even if it has no lasting effects, which tbh is any diet and can be the same with eliminating refined sugar too? I mean that’s a diet, some people are gonna stick to it and some are gonna do it and fuck up on the 6th day. Sure, keto is restrictive but anything can be restrictive. A lot of people consider refined sugars what you find in honey, or certain whole grain breads. It depends on the level of commitment to what you consider “refined.” Some people don’t see artificial sweetners as refined sugars because it passes through your system without binding to anything. But that definition is going to vary from person to person. There’s no great consensus on refined sugar, and anyway, part of the ketosis process is what happens from cutting out refined sugars! Soooo, it seems to me that modifying a diet around foods that eliminate refined sugars is kind of in the ballpark of what you’re suggesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

So "keto frame of mind" means "don't eat some things, and fill the space with other things"? That's anything. Stop eating foods containing processed sugar and you have to eat a bunch of new foods out of necessity. Eliminating processed sugar is a sustainable long term change, I don't give a shit if some people won't do it past day six. Maintaining ketosis is not sustainable.

SSJN: Sugar causes inflammation in the body, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'd also like to point out that you said fat is less calorie dense than carbs, which is objectively incorrect.
    Well shit, you got me there. Sure doesn't feel like it though.

Also, sat are you looking at the back of these foods? Whole milk has 12 grams of fat per cup. Drink a tall glass and you've blown past the 20 grams of sugar.

10. no idea!
    But probably. Everything seems to cause inflammation.

Drew: Exercise and such are a lot easier to do when you're not already in pain. I have started doing my walks around the store again as a result.