View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

1. It's more that the frozen dinner is a buck or two because there's always something on special.

2. Ugh yeah they need to cut that out.

3. You can get a weeks worth of veggies for like $10 in Chinatown kedawa. Not sure if you’re in the city or Oakville. Root vegetables are also usually cheaper IIRC. I live pretty high off the hog these days so I didn’t accurately account for budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Keto diet seems bad. Sure, if you follow it to the letter, you drop a ton of weight quickly (though your breath will smell awful all the while). But coming off of it sucks. I've watched people at my gym work out every day, try to ease off of it gracefully, and still gain a ton weight back.

All diets. You will yo-yo forever until you make sustainable long term changes with how you eat.

6. 48hr+ with no sugar. I left pretty tired when I got up this morning after a full night’s sleep. But it seems better now.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I don't think I even need to change my diet any more than I already have, but I need to get more exercise. I can't think of anything that I would give up to help with that, though.

8. Give up being lazy like me and exercise for a month. We're cooler than everyone else so we're starting tomorrow.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It's more that the frozen dinner is a buck or two because there's always something on special.
    The other food goes on special, too.
    But buying ingredients and cooking for yourself has it's tradeoffs, especially when cooking for one.

Last week, I spent maybe $10 buying stuff to make gumbo, but I only used half of it and still made enough for 6-8 portions. That was fine for my household, it only lasted for a meal and lunch. But I also put in the time to make it and have to use those ingredients in other things to bring down the costs. And that isn't counting the spices and things I already had on hand because I have a persistent set up for cooking.

I view it more like a hobby to justify the time I spend cooking, since I enjoy learning new recipes and executing them well. And if I was cooking just for me, I'd be eating the same stuff for a week, so feeding more mouths makes it more interesting. I also like to compare my cooking to what I'd be spending $10+ dollars a plate on at a restaurant, rather than the close-out special frozen meal.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Yeah, keto is not a long term fix. But nether is calorie restriction. Or eating salads for every meal. Or slimfast. Or weight watchers.

You have to develop a third healthy diet. Most people will just go back to the old diet and yoyo.