View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

1. Yoga is just body weight exercise marketed to women. I like it.
    I am cutting back on refined sugar due to peer pressure, and sparkling water wasn稚 really difficult to avoid. I知 not going to cut something 100% though.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. Remember when we were on that Andrew WK LOL shampoo kick? Who made their own soap / shampoo and with what?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Josh brings it up every 3 days in chat, scroll up

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I love exercise!!! in fact, if I could not have to worry about food stuff whatsoever and just do exercise I would soooo prefer that. weights forever!!!
    It's such a bummer that exercise doesn't burn enough calories that it doesn't make a significant enough impact. It's all in the kitchen.

I say this because I'd love to go to the gym and eat ice cream every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Remember when we were on that Andrew WK LOL shampoo kick? Who made their own soap / shampoo and with what?
    Oh please do pay attention.

I don't use anything at all except water, but if you find it hard to move directly to that you can try using diluted apple cider vinegar.

5. Sassy.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It's such a bummer that exercise doesn't burn enough calories that it doesn't make a significant enough impact. It's all in the kitchen.

I say this because I'd love to go to the gym and eat ice cream every day.
    I know same here! just doing the exercise doesn稚 work on its own, which is a shame bc that痴 the fun part once the novelty of a new diet wears off.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. This is some awesome discussion. Just a reminder to those of you looking to change that I lost 60 pounds in four months. The most important piece of information about that drastic change was calories limited in a smart way, not just "1000-1500" or whatever. The calories are key but the other stuff is important to keep track of, too (more on that below). And in keeping good track of that stuff you can alter your grocery shopping and consumption habits. Otherwise, as people keep repeating in this thread, it'll be Fat 2: More Fat With a Vengeance or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The sodium fear might be bullshit, depending on how crunchy you want to get.
    Yeah, Yale uses that MyChart software so my doctor sent a note saying everything looked good. I was the one who noticed the sodium since I am all about being in the middle and that was the only one I couldn't say was mid-range without being a liar. Sodium isn't bad on its own. Combine it with risk factors, though, and you've got a worry on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I’ve decided to give up all alcohol but whisky this month too.
    Little/no alcohol is the best change people can make outside of the processed sugar. After that it's cutting down the meat.

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    But you can get to a point where you are excited about salads, so.
    I toss tomatoes, green peppers, radishes, and carrots in and then two tablespoons of Thai peanut sauce (I make my own now with almond milk, massaman paste, peanut butter, but there are plenty of good ones you can buy, albeit expensive af). I look forward to it every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It also got me started using the fit bit and app to track all that good shit.
    Those calorie/nutrient tracking apps really helped me out. I don't need them any more, but definitely a +1 vote on them. The key for a lot of people is looking at it as a game and lying. Be 100% honest and they'll help. It was a true struggle to get past that, "Ugh, rice has so many calories. I'll just say I had a half cup..." thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I’ll throw in a suggestion for an exercise bike or even a real bike if you have a city that supports that sort of layout (some cities suck for biking, Sac was awful.) despite the temporary saddle sores () that has knocked a lot of my weird lower back and knee pain right out. I never thought I’d be a “bike person” but it’s pretty pivotal to my existence after only a month.
    Most cities have adjacent suburbs with linear trails of some sort. CT has a lot of rail trails, which are great. Right near my house they've got the "greenway" which used to be a rail line, about 30 miles round trip. But I know what you mean - that bike is like the most important thing I own.

Re: Saddle sores - do you have one of those yuge, padded seats? Bikes are crazy in that regard. You'd think the tiny seats would suck but it's the bulky ones on cruisers that are the worst. Even this thing, which looks small, is too big.

bikeseat.jpg

8. OK, try 2 at this post. I'd edit the old one but it comes up blank.

Some pics that may be helpful. Embarrassing @ 230, then 190, then 170.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Are are you serious? Yeah I have a hybrid with a huge ass cruiser style seat, I thought it would be better for me since 1. Girl and 2. If I知 on my bike it means I知 prob lugging heavy ass textbooks around, so my back. I値l get over the saddle sores (and have for the most part) so I知 not too worried, but I値l def keep that in mind.
    Tbh I bought a cheapy Chinese bike to start with, but since I知 liking it a lot I may start to replace some of the shitty parts with nicer ones. The frame is really good, but the pedals are shit and I had to get a crank arm replaced already. So I値l add new seat to the list of things to buy.

Also, crazy congrats - you look awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. I like the narrow bike seats, but with a little bit of padding still.