View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2434363738394042 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

1. We finished with this month.
    I ate a fast food sandwich and a sparkling water and felt awful. I think I enjoy having an empty stomach a lot more than a full one. I don’t feel particularly carb crave-y unless I’ve gone too long without food, so I have to plan to have something available. Been doing an intermittent fasting schedule, and I’ve felt more alert and steady throughout the day. It feels like I’m cheating at this diet thing, it’s so dumb simple.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. I was kinda surprised by how easy this was for me, so I may as well keep it up. I might be a little looser with the rules and treat myself every now and then so I can still have pizza etc in my life, but I'll generally stick to 1 meal a day, no sugar and very little carbs. I was expecting a lot of sweet cravings, but oddly enough the things I miss the most are beer and pasta. Black coffee now dominates my life.

Be careful with coffee. You'll piss out the nutrients you need and end up with leg cramps.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 02 Sep 2018 at 12:38 PM.

4. So as long as he has no infected open wounds he'd be safe?

I fucked up a couple times with the refined sugar thing, but I'm keeping it going.
    Unrelated to refined sugar, but sweet things are generally Too Sweet now. One day I really, really wanted one of Dunkin's fruited ice teas. I took a sip, grimaced as if I stepped on a Lego, and tossed it. It was sooooo goddamn sweet it was disgusting.
    I have noticed food™ seems far more flavorful than it did a month ago. Probably not the best thing for an over eater, but oh well.

5. Did anyone notice that they got full faster? I feel like I fill up much quicker since starting this thing. Also I'd like to keep the monthly status cadence going. It's been helpful checking in I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I ate some frosted mini wheats this morning, and my brain immediately recognized the first bite as ice cream. This was supposed to be my cheat weekend since I’m away from home, but I am having trouble feeling motivated to overeat or eat sweets. A friend gave me a miniature pie and I didn’t want to touch it.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

You're all pussies. I can still eat anything and everything. Richness is just a challenge, not a barrier.

Bring on the pizza and raw cookie dough, shitlords.

But yeah, if you can stay off refined sugar for 30 days, you're sense of taste will change. I drink sugar free red bulls on weekends and I have to keep fucking looking at the can to make sure it says sugar free.

8. I find Red bull kind of disgusting. Most people I know drink it to stay functional while on a couch high. Coffee works better IMO. I'll eat like 3 eggs for breakfast and be full for the next 5 hours. I used to be able to finish eggs, some hashbrowns, and bacon before filling up.

Does anyone want to change the thing they're cutting this month? I'm going to purposefully add latte's and milk-infused coffee. Coffee with a splash of milk is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Unrelated to refined sugar, but sweet things are generally Too Sweet now. One day I really, really wanted one of Dunkin's fruited ice teas. I took a sip, grimaced as if I stepped on a Lego, and tossed it. It was sooooo goddamn sweet it was disgusting.
    I have noticed food™ seems far more flavorful than it did a month ago.
    I've always found this to be the case, even without changing my diet. All sweetened iced tea tastes over-sweetened to me, and the same goes for most sweet things. I would gladly drink soda with 1/3rd of the sugar, especially ginger-ale, but nobody makes it that way.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Did anyone notice that they got full faster? I feel like I fill up much quicker since starting this thing. Also I'd like to keep the monthly status cadence going. It's been helpful checking in I think.
    totally. I can't finish "restaurant portions" anymore. And I was coming from eating out>still hungry>eat sweets previously.
    unless it's shark week, then I'm just crazy hungry and I'm like no face from spirited away and could eat a whole town. That's usually when I have my slip ups but tbh it wasn't a big deal, its just back to normal in the morning. BUT it is interesting, like the days that I "ate normally" with friends or family and had fries or tacos or whatever, I would come home and crave everything sweet and carb-y. it's really a vicious cycle!!!!

I know pumpkin spice lattes are back at Starbucks right now and the idea of drinking that much sugar is just not appealing right now. I had a sip of something my husband got, and it was so sweet. Just...not good.

I think my goal for this coming month is doing a caloric deficit - for the past 2 weeks that I've just been maintaining at the original weight I lost, but I'd like to lose more obvs. But I'm pretty comfortable with cooking now, I have my staples for breakfast and dinner! still working on lunches though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread