View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

you'll be tired in the evenings and irritable for the first two or so weeks while your blood sugar adjusts.

Also, make sure you eat enough fat. Your brain needs fat or sugar. It can't use protein

Well, I think that jumping into ketosis and thinking about it as a "diet" is a mistake. I think that changing your eating habits to being primarily plant based, free of sugar, and adding in incremental fasting is a better approach if this is something you want to do for more than a few weeks and then yo-yo back into unhealthy eating habits while blaming stress, but the real problem is an unsustainable outlook. Also, eat the right kind of fats. olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, nuts and seeds.

If you're concerned about hormones you could look into seed cycling. Lotts hippie ladies out there swear by it.

I'll point out, again, that I lost 10 pounds immediately by shortening my eating window to 4-6 hours and eating the same amount of calories as I did before. Same exact amount of exercise. Same exact foods. Put that in your "calories in/calories out" and smoke it.

Incremental fasting teaches you the difference between "I'm hungry" and "waaaaaah, I want a snacky treat" which is something that we all think we understand, but don't.

If she subs in enough sugary fruits and veggies she'll never stay in ketosis. Which is easy to do when getting off the junk makes you feel bad and you want a fix.. you'll lie to yourself "I'll just eat all these apples carrots and corn"

Any way you look at it, most people have to learn a third diet. If you're going to do keto to hardcore lose fat, you won't be able to live that way when you get off it. And if you go back to the poopoo diet, you put it back on.

And before you say "I said sugar free plants"

Half of tnl thinks refined sugar when you say sugar.. I'm not convinced people like drew knows the difference from his questions.

5. Changing eating habits is needed for sustainability, but going cold turkey is an effective way to start. You'll get motivation from seeing immediate changes and your snacking impulses will drop off rapidly. And if you have trouble eating healthier food because you're a child who doesn't like the taste, you'll quickly learn that hunger is the best spice.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Changing eating habits is needed for sustainability, but going cold turkey is an effective way to start.
    I don't agree, because I think for most people it isn't practical. The crash most people will have will undo anything they've done for a few hard weeks and will cause them to lose motivation long term.

Most people cannot go from 0 to 100 that fast. It all depends on where you are starting, though...if you are eating fast food 2x a day and drinking sodas all the time, then I wouldn't say "hey maybe you should stop eating any carbs". I wouldn't necessarily say "eat fast food less" although it might be the first step before you can say "don't eat any fast food at all".

Thats what I've seen recently. I talked a friend into doing keto and he quit after two weeks and losing 16 pounds. The problems didn't go away fast enough to suit him.

8. Here’s the thing, during the non-summer semesters at school, my schedule is insane. I don’t have time to obsess about food whatsoever. I know that keto is in no way sustainable because when you have 15 minute windows to eat during 10 hour days, you grab whatever you can get. However, as mentioned, I’m a very results driven person. If I see immediate results I’ll tend to stick to it longer. But I’m also not entirely convinced that it’s going to work for me. I think a month is a good trial period, and I’ll re-evaluate my goals from there, and if it’s something that I want to commit to even with an insane schedule. Seed cycling sound interesting but keto matches more of my goals overall. So I’m gonna see where it takes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

If you have money, here are some quick places to eat

Walmart and grocery stores tend to have a rotisserie chickens that are already cooked. You can just walk in and buy those to eat. Just as fast fast food.

IHOP and Waffle house both have eggs, bacon, steak.

Most chain sit down places have a steak with steamed broccoli

For snacking you can have pork rinds. They have the texture of cheetos. . If you watch your carbs for the rest of the day, you could also have 1 pack of peanuts a day.

Some Mexican places will have keto friendly items like grilled chicken, shrimp, fish

Make sure you drink at least 65 oz of water and take a multivitamin. Maybe a potassium sup.

10. Make you own trail mix and get some real beef jerky from a butcher(not the store-bought shit that's soaked in sugary sauce).