View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

1. What’s your workout of choice Calliander?

Today’s the first day I went hard in the gym and I didn’t notice any difference performance wise but I think my tastebuds are starting to enjoy other flavours. Today I’ve started to love the subtlety of coffee again without sugar. I put a bit of milk in there but the bitterness is great.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 06 Aug 2018 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    So I’ll add new seat to the list of things to buy.
    A good seat is worth the money. I had to look up the medical term but having a bike shop measure your "sit bones" (ischial tuberosity) and help you determine the firmness/size is even more worth it. https://rivetcycleworks.com/which-sa...-right-for-me/

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I like the narrow bike seats, but with a little bit of padding still.
    Yeah, my bike shorts provide all the padding I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    What’s your workout of choice Calliander?
    Bike: I'm not a mountain biker but I can ride 100 miles easy if I have the time. I don't often have the time so it's more like 5 miles here, 10 over there, etc.
    Cardio-type stuff: My wife did that 21 Day Fix thing for a bit. I still have the videos and cycle through the non-yoga/pilates ones. I skip the burpees because fuck those things.
    Gym: Weights. I mainly focus on the arms because I can press 450+ with my legs. I don't know the names but we pull the bar down, pull the two ends of the rope down, sit and pull the handles up to my chest, squats, standing rows (the gym won't let us deadlift), bench, 21s with the bent bars, the leg machine, and assisted pull ups.

I put a bit of milk in there but the bitterness is great.
    I don't have a comparison (always a black coffee drinker) but yes, the bitterness IS great.

3. I’ve been dreading today. It’s easier when I’m at the store to control myself (and not just because there’s less junk, I have an array of candy bars for sale) because I can find something to do. My first day off is always spent sleeping/lounging and bored eating.
    Grilled up some onions and made an omelet for breakfast. Washed it down with 2 oz of OJ. I think the label said 26 grams of sugar in 8 oz. 2/3 of the dailly recommended intake in one glass of juice. Ridic.
    Watering it up, but getting cravings something fierce. Just gotta keep focused like when I quit smoking. Only thing that kept me going then was the thought that my previous suffering would be for nothing if I caved in now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    getting cravings something fierce
    I wish I had good advice for this but I have a strange body and I don't get cravings. That said: How do you feel about cucumbers & pickles? Those are somehow filling but also nothing at the same time.

5. Get an actual orange if you’re craving it. You’ll spend more time peeling it and it’ll have fibre in there. I got rid of my oj and cranberry juice for the cleanse. Juice = sugar. Drinking tea helps a bit. I also keep broccoli and other quick cooking veggies on hand if I’m super hungry.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 06 Aug 2018 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I used cheat days to get over cravings. I would buy something great like Cadbury eggs and put them in a tin and promise myself I would not eat them until I hit my goal.

I also remind myself that if I cheat that is 24 more hours of diet. It takes a day to go back in ketosis. So 24 for hours of extra suck for 1 or 2 minutes of joy.

7. One of the things I'm digging so far with keto is i literally have NO ROOM at the end of a meal to have a dessert. I'll puke. I usually have a cycle of carby meal>crave a sweet>eat a sweet. But at the end of a keto meal, other foods seem completely unappetizing. And I stay full at really even intervals, it's almost like clockwork. This is very different to how I was eating before which was basically snacking until dinner. ~very strange feelings~

SSJN, if you can make the break over to diet soda or juice or gatorade or whatever, if you're craving sweet drinks? Or even the dreaded La Croix if you're just looking to wash down your meal with something that isn't water?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Why are people trying to give up sparkling water, btw?

9. I dont drink soda my dears.
    I’ve been a water/ unsweetened ice tea dude for many years. Have mentioned before it makes me mad that I cant drop soda since I dont drink it often.
    juice and milk are an occasional thing.

It’s not swwets I want. It’s bread! And cakey type things! Processed shit!

10. I’m not hungry, just have a taste for something.
    And just like smoking was habitual, eating on my days off is too.