View Poll Results: You in?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in.

9 52.94%
  • I'm out.

4 23.53%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy that can't make up my mind about anything.

4 23.53%
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2131333435363739 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love The Most?

1. I see it as an easy way to pretend you're having a soda while doing a healthy thing. Yes, it's too expensive. But I need some novelty in my beverages throughout the day, despite also drinking a lot of tap water.

2. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Those are funny. I can't do any of the flavors, they all taste like dish soap, as Sats alluded to. Plain please.
    I've never had any. I just like those names. It's reminiscent of the Reddit thread with the varying levels of diggity.

3. Those are one of the easiest, and most fun kinds of jokes to come up with
    with a room full of a few people

4. now my forum posts have begun to look like chat posts
    bummer

5. Late to the party but I'll give up guilty gear for september.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

So I did a little experiment.

Saturday was a cheat day. Logging my food, I ate about 3500 calories. Which sadly was not as high as it could have been. I skipped lunch and had water with dinner. I also only ate some of the pack of cookies for a snack. Had I vegged out like the old days while beating a game and ate the whole pack, I'd probably hit 5000 or more calories.

Also, both Sunday and today I woke up with congestion or eye crud. Maybe it was the shot food. Maybe the seasons are changing, hard to say.

Saturday night I didn't feel tired at night. Sunday I was tired by 3 pm. So my poor sleeping habits were probably diet related.

This morning I cleared my secret stash out of my desk because I'll be eating healthy for the next 4+ weeks. I've already eaten 1000 calories.

I think this pretty much solves why we all get fat as we age and why keto/Atkins works. The normal American diet, as is sold to you by TV and movies is like 3000+calories a day. Most of us are barely burning 2000 if we are sedentary. Protein and fat diets are going to clock you in at like 800 to 1600 a day. So even without magic ketones or whatever, you're taking in half as many calories as someone eating hamburgers and cookies.

Other take aways is that with eating more sugar, I got thirsty less and drank less water.

Sugar makes me think better but also more. Adult add is stronger. Inability to sleep is stronger.

The taste of sweets hangs around in the mouth for hours. Much longer than any other food.

8. I have gradually stopped eating dinner(or supper, or whatever you call your evening meal) as a major meal, and I haven't found myself getting hungry at night. I will chop up some veggies, like a pepper and half a field cucumber to snack on in the evening, and it seems to be enough.
    I don't eat much for breakfast, usually just half of a grapefruit and a bran muffin, or a banana chopped up in a small bowl of oatmeal.
    Lunch is the only big meal for me now.

9. There's a lot of talk about hormone that I think is interesting to read or listen to, IP. Jason Fung is a big proponent of fasting due to how it affects hormone production. The basic idea I gathered is that eating causes insulin release, and insulin's only function is energy storage. Reduce your insulin and you will begin to lose weight. He says some other stuff about calorie restriction causing the body to re-adjust calorie expenditure, so Calories In Calories Out doesn't really work if your body is going to adjust the Out to match your In. Some other stuff about the body metabolizing stored energy at regular rates vs reducing rate with calorie restriction. There are interesting hypotheses and I've seen how insulin affects Type 1 Diabetic people I know.
    I have been lazily incorporating some of these ideas since the start of the month. I drink at least 8oz of water an hour at work and I constantly need to pee. I've restricted my breakfast to either protein/fat or nothing for a 16+hour fast, and I stop eating a couple hours before bed, as I've noticed anytime I go to bed full I will wake up hungry. Also have cut back on added sugar, but have not been 100%. I had some ice cream on Friday because I could.
    I've found that even with moderate restrictions, my carbohydrate cravings have plummeted. I even ate a carb heavy dinner on Friday and I felt no desire to eat past the point of comfort. I have tended to overeat in the past, and continue to do so despite acknowledging that I don't want to. I'm down about 5lb from the start of the month, which seems like a very reasonable rate for making changes that have been almost effortless. I still eat shit when it's catered at work, I drink alcohol a few times a week, and I am not planning out my dinner meals in particular.
    Last edited by Dunlap; 20 Aug 2018 at 11:42 AM.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Drinking a shitload of water is a long con. But once you do it for a couple of years you will be pissed that you didn't start earlier.

The best way that I think I can sell you on it is this- if you drink a lot of water throughout the day- your dick will hang a little fatter, feel nice and plump and won't get so ashy. Try it out.