Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taiko no Tatsujin coming out in USA (Switch & PS4)

1. Taiko no Tatsujin coming out in USA (Switch & PS4)

Switch is getting Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum'n Fun, & PS4 is getting Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session. Both of these come out on 11/2.

DnF has you using the 2 JoyCons to play air drums. Nintendo characters like Kirby will appear in it. DS has online play.
    In both of these, there will be some songs from anime like Neon Genesis Evangelion, stuff from Disney movies like Frozen, Hatsune Miku, & Hello Kitty. Some Namco music like Ridge Racer will also be in.

Neither version is coming with a Taiko controller. For PS4, I'm guessing you use 2 Move wands like the JoyCons for DnF.

2. I'm down for the Switch version since the joycons are acceptable enough, but man, I sure would have prefered a Taiko controller. EDIT: Hey the japanese PS4 version has a Taiko controller. I want that. I want that in the US. Is that coming to the US? DOUBLE EDIT: NOPE and the Switch has a taiko controleler in Japan too.

Fuck this shit. I'll wait until we get the controller state side.

I should get the PS2 version again.
    Last edited by Opaque; 29 Jul 2018 at 01:50 AM.

3. If you want that stupid drum you have to nerd up and import it, like I did 12 years ago on PS2.

It was a mistake then too.

4. a fun mistake

5. We did get the PS2 drums in the states. I still have 2 of them. No mistake, I love the game and ended up buying some of the PS2 imported discs.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 29 Jul 2018 at 09:13 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    If you want that stupid drum you have to nerd up and import it, like I did 12 years ago on PS2.

It was a mistake then too.
    The Japanese drums are available on Amazon but they are mighty pricy and I dont know if they will work with the US versions of the games.

I'll wait for new news.

7. The japanese drums will work fine with the US version.

I'll def get the game but not wasting money on drums, I've learned better.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. bbobb, are the drums no good?

9. I remember the PS2 version always felt like arguing with the drum rather than playing it, so while I'd love to play the new game with its plastic instrument I'd want to know it works well this time around.

10. Play-asia has the PS4 drums for $60. Probably kill ya on shipping, tho.