Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiny Arcade key chain games.

1. They seem a bit bulky to be a legit keychain. I like the Christmas ornament idea though.

I recently got a PocketSprite, a tiny GameBoy clone that runs emulators of various 8-bit handheld systems. It's about the size of like a Tamagochi or a key fob so I can actually put it on my keys and toss it in my pocket. The emulation is good too but like these it's size makes it a bit impractical to play for any length of time. Still by far the coolest gaming miniature I've seen.

2. Yeah, nobody is going to put that on their key chain unless they are a chick.

It’s just a cool little novelty, and it’s better than those goofy blinking LED arcade handhelds that play nothing like the real arcade games. I have the 2 I bought sitting side by side on the shelf above my desk.

The 8-bit guy did a video with the old Coleco and several other handheld arcade novelties. Most of them were just horrible, with the exception of the Centipede and Qbert handhelds, that had actual (bigger) screens like these, that ran games close to the arcade.

Those Coleco mini arcade units would be cool to convert with a mini pi and a small LCD screen. The only downside is what people are selling those for on eBay and I’m pretty sure a small LCD wouldn’t be that inexpensive either.
    Last edited by gamevet; 13 Aug 2018 at 03:22 AM.

3. hello i'm babacang

4. Was in the Walmart toy section with the kids last night and wandered across a weird trinket. They carry a variant of the American Girl line (without the insane prices) and my daughter sat down in front of a doll scale arcade machine. There was a blatant rip of Gradius loaded to it though you couldn’t actually play (pretty it was as in demo mode) . The overall build was kinda crap but at $15 it seemed like something hobbyists would find some use in.

5. I thought this thing looks really cool, but a bit too pricey at $160

6. That slightly lopsided screen would drive me bonkers.

Coincidentally, though, I did order one of their Insert Coin keychains just the other day. Lights up and the enclosure is diecast metal, looks real spiffy. Promo code KEYCHAIN15 knocks it down to $15, and the shipping's free, not bad.

7. You're asking a lot of Chinese kids assembling those screens.

The screen wasn't just crooked. It was also mounted too high. The top portion was cut off.

8. clicker heroes puzzle game!
    Last edited by BonusKun; 14 Jan 2019 at 09:59 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The 8-bit guy did a video with the old Coleco and several other handheld arcade novelties. Most of them were just horrible, with the exception of the Centipede and Qbert handhelds, that had actual (bigger) screens like these, that ran games close to the arcade.
    Those are actually NES on a chip games. Qbert is the NES version and Centipede is a port of the Atari 7800 version (the same version that was on the original Atari Flashback?). There's also a NES on a chip Frogger that is the same version that was on that VG pocket thing, which I assume is the same as the one on that Majesco stand alone joystick, but with altered music on the Walmart Basic Fun NES on a chip Frogger.

edit: There's a new Ms. Pac-Man one out. Unlike a few of the other Walmart exclusives from Basic Fun, it's a brand new version rather then either of the NES versions.

The low resolution of those tiny arcade things remind me of the Lynx Ms. Pac-Man. However, I doubt the Tiny Arcade version's gameplay comes close to the Lynx version. I went ahead a bought Pac-Man and Space Invaders since Amazon had a couple for cheap.

I'm not sure about those classic style LCD games, but I like that they use the AC sounds rather than the annoying beeps of those MGA and Tiger handhelds. One thing I can say for certain after playing the Tiger Joust and seeing a video of the Basic Fun old style color LCD version. Joust does not translate well to static image LCD. There is a NES on a chip version, which I'm surprised even exists since it's a NES on a chip of a game that Iwata worked on. I'm fine with old style LCD if they are done right. Not many come close to the ones Nintendo made, which were purposely different from the arcade rather than trying too hard like some of the Coleco and Tiger games (though a few of those are still worth playing in their own right).
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 07 Nov 2018 at 02:31 PM.

10. Thanks a lot for sharing us minecraft shooting games
    Last edited by BonusKun; 14 Jan 2019 at 05:32 AM.