Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch, December 2018)

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch, December 2018)

Here’s the E3 reveal, on the off chance anyone missed it...
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 09 Aug 2018 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Fixed video tag issue

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. ...and here’s yesterday’s Direct, which is what prompted me to see if we had a thread for this game yet:

SIMON, BABY!!! My most-wanted character ever since third parties in Smash became a thing! I’m as excited about Simon alone as I was about “EVERYONE IS HERE!”; whatever they do with this game beyond this is gravy as far as I’m concerned. Also congrats to everybody who felt the same way about K. Rool. Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus are less exciting, but still welcome additions. (If third party echoes are a thing now, we’d better get Ken.) New Donk City stage is expected, but still nice to see. Yay for Shovel Knight, boo that he’s just an assist trophy and not playable. Also, I really like that they’re giving us the option to have Final Smashes work off a meter instead of the dumb smash ball.

The amount of work and love being put into this game made me think of SFV for a second and just feel really sad.

Sakurai is going to die bringing this to the world.

4. The direct got me up on this one too ! All the changes, esp getting rid of the smash ball, is great. All the Castlevania goodness is the deal-maker!

5. Over a hundred stages now, geeze! This does look really nice, every time I see something about it I want it more. 8 player battles sounds fun, and yeah getting rid of Smash Ball is a welcome change.

6. The Smash Ball is still there, you just have the option for the meter too. Theoretically you could have both on at the same time. I think the idea is to give Final Smashes a way to appear in competitive play, where items (and therefore the Smash Ball) are usually banned. Also Final Smashes from the meter are weaker than ones from the Smash Ball.

7. I think this is a pretty cool thing that they are making for someone else entirely. Fingers stoked on Animal Crossing next.

8. I like these games more for the crazy nostalgia they have than the actual gameplay. I love they are going nuts with the amount of fighters, stages and music. I’m buying this for the Castlevania stuff alone. I woulda paid $60 just to have the Castlevania stuff as dlc.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

9. Diggin' Nintendo's loving treatment of games they hate.

10. Did new amiibos get announced? I would really like a Simon, Richtor, and Solid Snake.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"