Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch, December 2018)

1. I never got this series. I tried to play every iteration and always come away disappointed. I can see this as a good party game but that's about it.

2. Being a Sega/NEC kid, I don't have the nintendo nostalgia required for these things. I don't really like kart racers or fighters but the fan service got me into Sonic Transformed and Fighters Megamix. I can see how that works to get people all splooshy over Smash.

3. I love that Sakurai has attempted to include EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE in this game in the futile hope that Nintendo will release him from indentured servitude.

It’s a decent title, kids are loving it and you definitely get enough content.

I'll get it sooner or later, but is not a high priority with Monster Boy and the Genesis collection coming out at the same time.

5. I appreciate these games as a sort of interactive Nintendo museum, but I've never been too much into the actual game part.

6. It always felt like a beatemup forced to be a fighting game to me. I tend to have more fun with some of the extra single player modes.

7. I suck a this game so bad. It's really impressive to me that people have taken this series to a competitive level when it was never designed to be a competitive fighter in the first place.

That being said, there's just so much fucking content here. World of Light is really huge and there's just so many fucking characters and stages. I feel like Nintendo is doing a really good job with making their main titles on Switch. BotW, Odyssey and now Ultimate are all arguably the biggest, most ambitious and best titles in their series. Meanwhile Mario Part and Mario Tennis are just meh and Mario Kart is just a release of last gens game. So as a tangent thought, I really hope Animal Crossing gets the main title treatment and not the spin off treatment.

8. This game is just wonderful if you grew up with Nintendo. I’m having a blast just seeing what’s next in the world of light stuff. Game looks fantastic for being on the Switch. Looks really amazing upscaled on the 4k oled.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

9. Yeah I love fighting games but I've never considered this series in that category, this is strictly for fun at all times. If you aren't fighting with items on you're doing it wrong IMO.

The single player content in this version is vast and I'm loving all of it so far. Spirits are fun to collect and level up and the unlocks are constant which pushes people like me to keep playing. I unlocked 56 characters this weekend and leveled 8 Spirits up to 99, and I've been thinking about doing more of that all day. Have not tried the online yet, I hear it works pretty well. I'm not very good at this game so I would get destroyed online.

10. I think I have played this enough tonight to come to the conclusion that this is a really bad fighting game. I get all the unlocks and the fanservice, but the input lag is bad and the mechanics kind of suck?
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 12 Dec 2018 at 01:27 AM.