Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Music GOAT Edition(GameOverDude's Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    This is a pretty interesting cover. I dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    That banjo guy did a bunch of good covers including Wonder Boy III and SMS Sonic. He did also do stuff like Mega Man and Castlevania II but it's nice to see the 8-bit Sega stuff included, too.
    I really like his covers.

I'd really like to see a modern jrpg that uses different instruments and styles to convey the progress or areas a character advances through. Something like this folkish music for the backwoods town most mcs start in, with later industrial areas being more synth or 80s. A few games have come close, but they never go all out. I expect its because all those musicians would be expensive, so they stick to something smaller.

like how cool would it be if you started a castlevania in a backwoods town and this was playing

then you get to the castle, the gate shuts and lightening strikes and it morphs into this

"oh shit, shit just got real son"

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I really like his covers.

I'd really like to see a modern jrpg that uses different instruments and styles to convey the progress or areas a character advances through. Something like this folkish music for the backwoods town most mcs start in, with later industrial areas being more synth or 80s. A few games have come close, but they never go all out. I expect its because all those musicians would be expensive, so they stick to something smaller.
    Wild Arms pretty much did that. It had a lot of old west style music when you entered towns.

My jam

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I love the hell out of the Devil's Crush theme.
    This is one of those games where the Genesis really crushes it with its music. The PC Engine game sounds great, while the Genesis version just has this sound of power to it.

6. Time Crisis 5's credit roll - "The Time Is Over" by Kaz Nakamura

Razing Storm intro - "Ashes" by Five Finger Death Punch

7. Shame on you in taking over four days to reply to this thread.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. It was a tough topic to narrow down.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt