Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Music GOAT Edition(GameOverDude's Thread)

1. Can anyone actually give some history here, and tell me exactly when and how pinball got so fucking metal?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Love that Seinfeld bass guitar in this Paperboy 2 SNES remix.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    This is one of those games where the Genesis really crushes it with its music. The PC Engine game sounds great, while the Genesis version just has this sound of power to it.
    I suuuuuuuper disagree. That ol' Genny harshness might be a boon for a few instrumentals, but slathered all over every part, it's a butchery. There's lots of bits in that arrangement that come off a lot more stilted and mechanical in comparison, too.

But while we're posting variations, might as well post the album arrange guitar version:
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 21 Aug 2018 at 12:11 AM.

5. No, what the Genesis is reproducing is the sound of a Harpsichord; It's not meant to be an electric guitar. It also has a cleaner bass and drum section.

The Genesis sound track has a nice warm sound to it. It also brings a more creepy sound to the music.

Last edited by gamevet; 21 Aug 2018 at 12:51 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Can anyone actually give some history here, and tell me exactly when and how pinball got so fucking metal?
    Gorgar is metal as fuck. One of the first talking tables, I believe. It is beautiful.

There are other tables that have great art like this one too. There's one on Pinball HOF that's mostly black and white with some red in it. Ill find it.

7. Centaur.

Gamevet, none of that changes my feelings on the two versions! I'm real happy you treasure my trash, though!

8. Gotta go with Gamevet on this one. The TG16 one sounds... meek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Centaur.

Gamevet, none of that changes my feelings on the two versions! I'm real happy you treasure my trash, though!
    YES! Centaur! I couldn't remember it.

10. Broken Thunder's soundtrack is just fine. No surprise, since it's by Hyakutaro Tsukumo. Good, I guess.
    More importantly, what about the game? Nothing really good, nor really bad- it's simply bland. They were trying to make the next Thunder Force, only they didn't put enough effort into it. Just goes to show that a game's soundtrack isn't everything.