Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Music GOAT Edition(GameOverDude's Thread)

1. Super Famicom Video Game Music GOAT Edition(GameOverDude's Thread)

What do you think the best soundtracks or single tracks were from the past 40 years?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. And now gameoverdude has the World's Fiercest Of Boners

3. I did it for him.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

The moon level and also bubbleman’s stage.

5. I can't find the video, but there is a video where this guy breaks down all of the sound samples used for Super Star Wars. Basically, it's just really small samples of different instruments and then those small samples are stretched and pitch adjusted to make the different notes. It's much more efficient than how the Amiga does it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post

What do you think the best soundtracks or single tracks were from the past 40 years?
    Davis Wise is fucking amazing.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

I liked both the nier soundtracks. The first was interesting in that most areas used a variation of the same track.

I could swear the first used additions and subtraction of a track to represent changes in tone and atmosphere but it could have just been really clever track placement.

Or they actually timed how long it would take you to run from a to b and used that when composing the song.

Pretty sure "this can not continue" gets more intense the deeper you go into the fortress.

Matt Furniss' Genesis tracks are underrated.

10. Always felt like the Alien 3 SNES soundtrack did a much better job representing the movies. It's verrrrry sample heavy from the film soundtracks. The Genesis one always seemed like noodley euro action trash. Steve Collett, who apparently handled an SNES version of Wolfchild.

Last edited by YellerDog; 16 Aug 2018 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!