Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Nvidia GeForce series is RTX 2080. Not GTX 1180.

1. Next Nvidia GeForce series is RTX 2080. Not GTX 1180.

Nvidia is clearly teasing their new Turing series of GeForce GPU as something to be announced in Cologne, Germany at Gamescom. In a chat, the user not_11 sends a message to RoyTeX saying "eating, gimme 20".

The RTX 2080 will be the series' high end card, at least until Titan RTX & 2080 Ti come out. At 53 seconds in the vid, watch the order in which the numbers 2,0,8,0 pop up in the date 20 Aug 2018.
    It may even be that the first RTX cards will be on sale soon.

2. Will you please stop trolling us with this dumb shit no one cares about, and get over into the thread that was made for you?
    Gosh!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Will you please stop trolling us with this dumb shit no one cares about, and get over into the thread that was made for you?
    Gosh!
    I could card him for not conforming if you want~
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. That is going to be a professional card selling on the low end at over $2,000 and the high end card for $10k. It can create real time ray tracing.

5. I'm interested in this ! Perhaps it could have been in the PC thread but the thread search can be a bear sometimes sooooo… I may be down for a 2060 version i.e. something less tham 400 bucks.

6. I guess these are the consumer cards. The 2080 should be around $799 and the 2080Ti @$999.

I'd be more hyped to get a second GTX 1080 once everyone starts selling off their old cards, but with Ray Tracing being the next big thing, I might have to eventually get one of these.

7. If the 2080Ti is 50% better than the 1080Ti I will think about it. I don't think it's going to be 50% better though.

8. How long until software shows up that uses that 50% betterness?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    How long until software shows up that uses that 50% betterness?
    It's going to be a hard sell for Ray Tracing. The PS5 and Xbox Next (?) won't have hardware that supports that feature, so the amount of games that would utilize it would be really, really, small. That's why I'd rather buy another GTX 1080 (people are already dumping them on ebay for under $400) and do sli.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    How long until software shows up that uses that 50% betterness?
    Crysis came out in 2007.